second year ➤bludger

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirty six-bludger [Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirty six-bludger
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Another goal for Slytherin! They lead Gryffindor 90-30!" Shouts Lee Jordan, announcer of the Quidditch match.

This is the first game of Quidditch since we've been back from summer break. Wood wanted us to show the other team that we are back and better then ever, a force to be reckoned with. However, the entirety of the Slytherin team having Nimbus 2001s puts them at a slight disadvantage.

I scan the crowd as I wait for the golden snitch and my eyes fan over the Gryffindor section. I see Hermione and Ron but no (y/n). I try to ignore my disappointment and focus on the game, but it's hard to push her out of my thoughts. Where is she? Why isn't she watching?

Draco flies just above me, taking me by surprise and nearly sending me falling to the ground from the shock element. I quickly attempt to balance myself and scowl after the blond boy who wears his signature smirk like a badge of honor.

"Alright there, scarhead?" Draco sneers.

I glance down once more to the Gryffindor section to see (y/n) filing unit the stands. Now, I can't help the smile that appears onto my own face. "I'm fine now."

I look down to see a bludger charging straight for me and I jerk out of the way, just in time. Wood flies over looking as confused as I feel. I've never seen a bludger attack so personally.

"Watch yourself, Harry," Oliver warns.

I check my surroundings cautiously to see a bludger barrelling straight for him. "Wood!" I yell. "Look out!" I'm not quick enough though, Oliver turns his head at the exact moment the bludger strikes him in the side, knocking him off of his broom. And it's a long way down.

I start flying myself as the suspicious bludger starts chasing me. I server turns unexpectedly, I duck underneath the hoops, I stop abruptly, I do everything that I can think of to shake off the bludger but my actions are all for nothing, the bludger remains hot on my trail. As I fly past the spectator towers, the bludger goes straight through, causing a large hole in the towers of each of the four houses. I stop for only a moment, to catch my breath, and watch bewildered as the rouge bludger continues destroying everything that gets in its way.

"Training for the ballet Potter?" Draco taunts, soaring by.

I shake my head, filled with irritation at his constant need to make a comment. Training for the ballet, what does that even mean in this scenario? I'm actually quite occupied in trying not to get killed by a bloody bludger in case you haven't noticed, Malfoy. I'm about to supply a reply back, but it's at that exact moment that I see the golden snitch dancing around the head of Malfoy, who awaits a reaction to his comment.