third year ➤the mission impossible part two

HIS CHOSEN GIRL ❥ XCVII, The Mission Impossible part two Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL XCVII, The Mission Impossible part two
Harry's P.O.V

{it's a long freakin chapter lemme tell you right now boys and
squirrels}

After (y/n) had called attention to how it was very close to nightfall, the three of us hurried to complete Dumbledore's task. We sprinted speedily through the Dark Forest, all of us knowing the forest's dangerous capabilities when the day's light vanishes.

Hermione ran ahead of the group, dead ferrets still in her hand in attempts of luring Buckbeak further into the forest. I stood behind her, struggling to pull Buckbeak by the metal chain still tied around him. (y/n) ran behind both of us, occasionally shooting harmless spells so that the noise of the jinx bouncing off the ground would frighten Buckbeak and get him to speed up.

Hermione eventually locates a clearing in the forest and turns to face us, wiggling the ferrets in front of the large bird-like creature, reactivating his temptation as he excitedly bounds into the opening. She tosses one in his direction before throwing the remaining ferrets, and belt, onto the ground.

"Now what?" I question Hermione, our designated 'brains of the operation.'

"We save Sirius," she answers.

"That's it?" asks (y/n). "Save Sirius? That's our whole plan?"

"Well have you got a better one?" Hermione asks exasperatedly.

"Yeah. I've got one. Get out of this stupid forest," she replies pushing past the two of us and jogging out of the forest.

Hermione and I chase after her, neither of us wanted to stay in the eerie woodland. When we exit the forest, (y/n) already has her eyes rested firmly on a moving figure near approaching the Whomping Willow and hiding behind a nearby bush.

She quickly turn around when she hears both of our footsteps. "Ten bloody minutes we spent trying to get past that blasted tree, and he just walks right over and turns the damn thing off," she says irritated.

"Who?" asks Hermione as she crouches down next to the Riddle girl.

"Lupin," she responds pointing to the man so that Hermione and I can see him.

"Snape's coming too," Hermione observed pointing at a second figure making their way down the hill.

"And now we wait," I say.

The two girls nod. "And now we wait."

The three of us rest against a large tree on the brim of the Dark Forest. It feels peaceful for awhile with none of us speaking, none of us feeling the need to speak. I felt myself nearly drifting into a restful sleep when a loud screeching from the forest causes me to quickly turn around only to be hit in the face by a flying bat.