Appearance and Meeting

Melissa's POV

I woke up in my LA home.  I look over to the clock.  It was late afternoon.  "Shit."  I jumped up and quickly got ready.  I had an appearance on the James Corden show that evening.  I always took way too long to get ready for something like that.  I still was getting use to doing appearances.  My fame rose quickly a few years back but now I became a household name.  I moved out to LA also when it rose as I originally lived, well, pretty much everywhere.  I lived in LA with my three boys, who I had before I rose to fame.  Well, almost, I was pregnant with my youngest when my first big movie and I shot up to fame.  But now it was the summer and as always, my children went to their father's for the summer.  It was quiet in the house.  Too quiet.  I hated my children being away from me.  I hated the quiet.  It someone helped that I had a movie coming out so I was busy promoting to help keep the focus off how much I missed my boys.  Shortly after I found the fame, my marriage deteriorated.  When we married, we were young and in love, or thought we were.  Also, he was a soldier.  Being eighteen and meeting a handsome soldier, I thought I hit the jackpot but how wrong I was.  I really thought what we had was love.  But after the fame, the fights grew more intensely.  He got jealous over guys ogling me.  The fights became horrible.  After a horrible fight that went a little too far as cops were called, I decided enough was enough and left him.  I filed for divorce and gained custody of the kids.  We did okay co-parenting, some days were good and others were horrible.  But now the boys were with their dad and I was alone.  But now I didn't have time to focus on that as I had a show I had to get to.  I needed to get ready and head to the studio.  Took me two hours to get ready.  "Shit!"  Again I said out loud.  Taping started at 5pm and it was already 3:30.  Between traffic and what not, I would cut it close.  I rushed out the house and got into my truck.  I drove to the studio and got everything set up.  I was right, I was cutting it close.  I was in the dressing room and the producer for the third time came knocking on my door.  I told him I would be there soon.  I hated being late.  I finally finished up touching up my make up and rushed out of the dressing room.  It was 5:10.  As I walked quickly out, I ran into someone.  A solid someone.  "Omph."  I almost fell but a strong hand caught me.  I quickly go to apologize as I got my balance and fixed my dress.  "I am so sorry.  I wasn't looking where I was going."  

"It's fine.  I wasn't exactly paying attention."  A deep voice said.  I recognized the voice but couldn't put my finger on it.  So, I looked up and was met with two dark brown eyes.  I looked at the individual and did recognize him.  "Hi."  I smiled shyly.

He smiled at me and instantly I felt like I melted.  "Hello."  Then he held out his hand.  "I'm Seth MacFarlane."  

I blushed again as I took him hand as we shook hands.  "I know.  I am actually a big fan of your shows.  I'm Monica McMillan."

He was definitely gorgeous.  "Nice to met you, Mrs. McMillan.  Always nice to met a fan."

"It's actually Miss."  I corrected him.  God, like that wasn't obvious.

He just kept smiling at me and said, sweetly, "My apologizes, Miss McMillan."

I bit my lower as I smiled.  Then it hit me where I was and why I was there.  And that I was running late.  "Shit!  I have go, I'm late."

"No worries."  Seth quickly calmed my fears.  "He is still doing the monologue."  

I relaxed a bit.  Then he said, "Come on, I'll walk you there, since we are going to the same place."  He was smiling again.

"Okay."  I only said with a small smile.

We began to walk together.  I finally asked, "So, I take it I am doing the show with you?"