Off The Deep End

Melissa's POV

I was in the hospital room now. I was still in shock about what all had happened. Everything happened so quickly and I delivered my baby boy in our bathroom. But now we were enjoying our little one. After they looked over our son, they told me he was perfectly healthy. Seth was now holding our son as he sat next to me. He was so happy. He was now changed as his dad brought him a change of clothes. His other clothes were soak from him getting in the tub to help deliver our boy. But now I watched him as he was in awe of our newborn son. He then looked at me and asked, "What are we going to name him?"

We never discussed names as it seemed to slip our mind. One important thing we never discussed. "I have no clue."

He looked down at our boy and smiled, "I got it. What about James Francis?"

I smiled and nodded. "I love it."

"That didn't take long." He slightly laughed.

I just chuckled. Then I laid back in the bed and watched him. Then I asked, "How do you feel now, daddy?"

"Incredible. Everything about tonight has been incredible. I still can't believe how it all went down." He seemed to be in awe of it all.

Then I smiled. "Well, his birthday is the day after yours."

"Yeah, if he would have only decided to come a few hours earlier, we would share the same birthday." He smiled.

"Thank god, he didn't!" I almost exclaimed. "I would have delivered him alone."

Seth laughed. "Yeah, maybe it was a good thing he waited."

"You think!" I said to him.

He looked at me and smiled. "I couldn't be happier right now."

I smiled back at him. "Me neither."

He moved over to the small bed and placed our son in there. He walked over to me and climbed in bed with me. He held me as I cuddled into him. He asked, "So, how are you doing?"

"Good." I smiled against him chest. "Great actually. Still a little shocked about all that happened but I am good."

He kissed the top of my head. "Get some sleep, baby. I know tonight has been one hell of a night."

I nodded and settled into him. I fell asleep quickly. I woke up to our newborn son crying. Seth was already out of bed and getting him changed. I just smiled as he took on the role so easily. I watched as he finished, he picked up our son and gave him a bottle. He noticed I was awake and said, softly, "Go back to sleep, love. I got him."

I smiled and nodded. I quickly dozed off again. When I woke up, I found a nurse checking on us. Seth was back in the bed with me, sleeping. I slowly sat up and she smiled at me. "I didn't mean to wake you." She said, sweetly. "How was your first night?"

"Here, fine. But overall, crazy." I told her.

She laughed and said, "Yeah, I heard you delivered your baby at home in your bathtub. That must have been something else."

"Does that happen often, that women deliver their babies at home?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I have worked here for over ten years now and you are like the third woman I have heard about delivering her child at home."

"Oh, wow. I had no clue it was happening so fast. I was one minute taking a bath as I thought I was just having braxton hicks contractions and the next I was in full on labor. An hour later, he came out." I told her.