Jealousy

Melissa's POV

It's been a week now and it was Saturday. Seth and I spend a lot of time together during the week when we both weren't working, but the it was the first night in a while we wouldn't. I did hate it, but he needed to do his own thing. I understood that. My phone rang and I got excited, but then I saw it was Courtney. She was in public relations and we became fast friends when I first started out. I answered my phone. "Hey, Courtney."

"Hey, lady. Haven't talk to you in awhile." She said, almost happily.

"I have been really busy." Between the bar, promoting my movie, and spending time with Seth, it didn't leave much time for other people.

"Well, do you have plans tonight?"

"As I would have it, no, I don't. Why?" I asked, knowing she was up to something.

"Well, now you do. I have tickets to a Gala fundraiser and everything that is anyone will be there. I have an extra ticket and I figured I asked you." She sounded way too excited.

"I don't know." I hated all that fancy stuff. I felt so out of place even though I did an amazing job looking like I fit in.

"No, you are coming. Get your hottest, most beautiful dress on and I will be there in two hours to pick you up." Courtney never took no for an answer.

I laughed. "Alright." I knew better then to try to argue with her. She always won.

"Good. See you soon, lady."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth's POV

I was at this fancy fundraiser and usually I would love it. But not tonight. I was away from Lissa and I hated it. I mingled with a few people but I honestly just wanted to go home. I promised Mila I would be there, so I was. But I also agreed to this before I met Lissa. I moved to the bar and ordered me a drink. "Jack on the rocks." I said to the bartender.

"Some things never change." I heard a familiar female voice and knew who it was.

I turned to my ex. "Hey, Trisha. What are you doing here?"

"Some friends of mine got invited, so I tagged along, you know I love things like this." She told me.

"Any reason to dress up, right?" I actually used the words she used before.

She smiled at me. "Some things never change." I smiled back. She looked at me and moved closer. "I miss us." She admitted.

"Wasn't it you who broke up with me?" I reminded her.

She moved her hand up my chest. "And that was a mistake."

I moved my hand to her wrist and grabbed it. I moved away from her. "Well, that is a little too late for that, Trisha." The only thing I said.

I turned to the bar and grabbed my drink that waited for me. I turned back to her. "I thought you be happy that I had a change of heart." She was confused by me shutting her down.

"Well, I guess some things do change." I said to her.

Then I could see the realization spread across her face. "You're seeing someone."

I slightly laughed. "Does it matter?" I asked.

"Who is she?" She asked.

"None of your business, Trisha. You lost the right to know about my life when we broke up." I was getting angry.

She moved closer to me again and both hands moved up my chest. She said in a seductive tone, "Does she make you feel as good as I did?"

I moved away from her so she wasn't touching me. I didn't need someone snapping a photo and it leaking for Lissa to see. "Again, that is none of your business."