Hard Lessons

Melissa's POV

I was sitting in the living room with Cindy. I still had a lot to do before the ceremony since my planning was paused due to the separation and then the attempt. Now I had a month left and I was stressed out. I wanted more then ever to make this special for Seth. It was overwhelming for me though. Cindy was there to help. She was helping pick decor out and center pieces. Seth was playing with Jennifer as they ran around the house and she would let out a scream now and then. I would usually get annoyed by the noise but after what happened with Seth, I just smiled at the thought that Jennifer had her father there to play with her. I would looked over to them now and then. Cindy noticed one time me looking at them and said with a smile, "He really is a great dad, huh?"

"He is." I smiled at her.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

None of my friends brought up Seth's attempt when news broke, only to ask right when it happened if he was okay. This was a first someone asked to see how he was psychologically. I looked at her and smiled. "He is. Happy to be home with me and the kids."

"I can see that." She smiled as she looked at Jennifer and Seth playing. "Do the kids know what really happened?"

"The boys do, except for James. Kj was pissed at him and hit him." I told her.

"You're joking." She was shocked by this.

I shook my head. "He lost it and punched him. Then he broke down as he admitted what Seth did hurt him. He might be a young man now, but he still is a boy who was scared that he might lose his father. Especially another father. He was so angry at Seth cause he did what he did. I never seen Kj like that. It didn't scare me, more hurt me that he felt that way." I said, sadly.

"But Kj is okay now?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. He needed to let it out. He cried afterwards as Seth hugged him. He pushed me away but when Seth went to him, he cried in his arms. He needed his father then. I understood that. My heart ached for him though. I'm just glad we could move forward. I don't want hate in this house. Jacob still isn't talking to Seth. I don't know if it is cause he believes the tabloids or cause what Seth tried to do. He isn't like Kj, he closes up."

"He just needs time." Cindy told me.

"I hope so." I breathed.

Just then, Seth picked up Jennifer as she screamed and laughed. It was loud but I smiled at it. She calmed in his arms and Seth walked over to us. Then he asked, "Want to help mommy?"

"No!" She clung onto Seth. Since Seth got back, she has been attached to him. "I want daddy!"

He looked at me for help. "Babe."

I smiled as I stood up. I pried her from her father's hands. She began to cry. "Oh, none of that now, little girl. Daddy needs a break."

Then I took her in my arms as she reached for Seth as she cried. "I want daddy! I want daddy!"

I could tell it tugged at his heartstrings. She was definitely daddy's little girl and Seth only did that to himself as he gave into her ever cry. I said to her, "I think someone needs their nap."

"I'll do it." Seth breathed.

I smiled at him. "You will never leave then, Seth. Cause unlike you, I can leave her in her crib to cry. You hear her cry, you cave. Like you are now."

"No, I can manage." He quickly said.

I just smiled as I knew he was never leaving her room, at least without her in his arms. He took her back and she calmed. He walked away and went upstairs. I sat back down and Cindy laughed. "Is she always like that with Seth?"