Helpless

Melissa's POV

I got up earlier then Seth. I got ready for work and left. I didn't want to go back there. I hated it. The closer I drove, the more I felt sick. I didn't want to see that man. He had be crude lately and he went too far the night before. I got to the studio parking lot and felt completely drained. I got in there and got ready to be on set. After I was in hair and makeup, I walked on set and noticed Jonathan. He looked at me and didn't really react. I was hoping he would fire me for kneeing him. But he just acted like nothing happened. I went about doing the scene and put everything I had to doing it. I was hoping if I didn't have many takes, I would be able to get out of there faster. But he was nip picking at every little thing. I knew what he was doing. After some time, I walked off set for a breather. Just then I heard, "Hey, Lissa."

I looked up and saw Charlize. I smiled at her. I was relieved to see a friendly face. Even if for a while there, I didn't like her. At that moment, I didn't care, as I didn't want to be alone. I said, "Hey, Charlize. How are you?"

She seemed confused by my smile. I could tell. "So," She asked. "No hard feelings, I take it."

"It wasn't your fault, Charlize. I know that. I just needed time." I told her. "Come on, I have lunch, I have plenty in my trailer if you want to join me."

She smiled. "Yeah, that be great."

We went in the trailer and I pulled out the food. I made us each a plate. I sat down as I ate. She asked, "So, how is everything?"

"Good." I said, almost cheerfully. I was doing my best to act okay.

"And how about that little girl of yours?" She asked.

"She is perfect. She is now seven months old. She is growing like a weed." I told her happily.

"That is great to hear." She smiled.

We ate for a while as we talked. I originally asked her in the trailer as I didn't want to be alone. But now I was talking to her and it felt nice. I knew she was nice but I never gave her a real chance cause of Seth. Just then, there was a knock at my door and I yelled without thinking, "Come in."

Jonathan came into the trailer and found Charlize with me. He moved over to us and said, "Charlize Theron. It's an honor to have you here. Is my girl taking care of you?"

I cringed at him calling me his girl. Charlize didn't catch on and said with a smile, "Of course she is."

Then he asked, "Do you mind if I have a moment with Melissa? We need to go over the next scene."

I quickly grabbed her hand and said, "You don't have to."

I hoped she would catch on that I didn't want her to leave me alone with him. She then said to me with a smile, "I should be getting back anyways." Then she looked at Jonathan. "It was nice meeting you."

He nodded as she got up and left. Once she left, I quickly stood up as I got scared. I looked at him with fear. He looked back at me and almost hissed, "You are lucky I didn't fire you for last night."

"You have no right to try to do that to me." I said, scared shitless.

"I have control of your career right now. If you do not do as I say, I can ruin it. Do you not get that?" He had a look in his eyes that scared me.

He moved towards me and I backed away. I stammered, "You...you stay awa...away from me."

He kept moving closer and gave me a devilish grin. "Or what?"