Spotlight

Melissa's POV

We were back at the hotel now as Seth's dad was still sleeping. We were just giddy about what just happened. We decided to renew our vows our next anniversary. And Seth finally would get the ceremony he wanted so bad. But for now, we would keep it to ourselves as this weekend was about KJ. We got back to the room and quietly went into our room where Seth took me. We quickly got dressed as we heard Seth's dad after we were done. I walked out first and I asked, "Did you get enough sleep?"

"Yeah." He seemed more rested. "Where is Seth?"

"In our room, he will be out soon." I told him.

"Oh, have you been in there the whole time?" He smirked.

"Nope. We went to lunch earlier." I just smiled.

He looked displeased but in a joking matter. "Without me?"

"Well, grandpa, you needed your nap, so I don't want to hear it." I quickly cracked back.

He laughed. "Sometimes I think you should have been my daughter and Seth belonged to a different family. Cause you are more like us then my son is."

"Well, I am your daughter, just by marriage." I said wit a smile.

He smiled back. "That you are. I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Finally, Seth emerged from the bedroom and Ron said, "There he is, what took you so long? Couldn't get yourself situated?"

Seth quickly groaned. "God, this is going to be a long weekend."

I just laughed as did Ron. I loved it when Ron picked on Seth and Seth was embarrassed by it. Then my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a text from KJ. I said to the men, "KJ is done with classes, he said we can see him."

"Good, I am ready to see him." Ron said.

"Me too." I said, happily.

Seth said, "Alright, so let's go."

We quickly left the hotel and got into the rental car. We drove sometime and finally got to the college. We parked and got out. We began to walk to the dorms as KJ said he would met us at his dorm room. We finally got to the dorms and walked inside to his room. We got there and KJ was cleaning up. I knew he was trying to get last minute stuff done to make me happy but I was more happy to see some things didn't change. I said with a smile, "Hey, baby boy."

He turned to us and smiled back. "Hey, mom."

He walked over and hugged me. Then he pulled away and I quickly asked, "You eating good, right?"

"Of course, mom." He slightly laughed.

"Don't mind your mother, you know how she gets, son." Seth told him.

KJ smiled at him and moved over to him. He hugged him and said, "I know, still overprotective." He pulled away and cracked, "I can't escape it."

Seth laughed. "You never do. I remember my mom always called to check on me when I was in college. Especially my first year."

He slightly laughed. Then KJ hugged Ron and said, "Hey, grandpa. Glad you came."

They pulled away and Ron said, "Of course. I can't wait to see you play tomorrow."

KJ seemed to get an uneasy smile. Then I asked as I noticed, "You alright, son?"

"Yeah, mom. I'm great." I knew he was lying but I didn't push it as much as I wanted to.