Happy

Melissa's POV

Several more weeks passed by and Jennifer was getting stronger and healthier. She was also getting bigger. Seth and I were very happy with the progress she was making. She was eating on her own and most of the wires that were attached to her were now gone. KJ finally got to come up there. He came in and saw her. None of the kids have seen her yet as they were strict on children coming into the NICU but KJ just turned eighteen and was able to. He came in and saw her in the small bed. The nurse noticed us and walked up to us with a smile. "Well, right on time as always."

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's great." She said, happily. Then she saw KJ. "Who is this?"

"This is my oldest, KJ. KJ this is the Jennifer's wonderful nurse, June." I introduced her.

He took her hand and shook it as he said, "It's nice to meet you, ma'am."

She smiled. "Likewise." Then she looked at me. "He has great manners."

"He better. Or he knows what will happen." I said with a smile.

KJ rolled his eyes as he smiled. Then she said, "Well, I will let you have time with her."

We nodded and walked over to her. KJ moved over to her and instantly took her little hand. He smiled at her. She was awake and alert as she looked up at him. She gave him a smile. KJ looked at me and said, happily, "Mom, she looks like you."

Seth walked over to him and put a hand on his back as he told him, "I said the same thing, son."

Then I asked, "Do you want to hold her?" His eyes brightened and he looked at me as he nodded. "Go ahead and pick her up. Remember to hold her head."

He smiled as he picked his little sister up. He talked to her. "Hey, little sis, I'm your big bro, KJ. But you have a lot of big brothers. So, just so you know, you will never be able to date."

She smiled at him and I laughed. Seth said, "My little girl is screwed."

I laughed again. "You think."

KJ looked at us as he smiled. "She really is perfect."

"She is." I said with a smile.

She started to cry in his arms and he quickly went to sooth her. She calmed down right away. Seth said with a smile, "You are a natural, son."

I eyed him. "A little too much of a natural."

KJ instantly knew what I was getting at and protested, "You have no worries about that, mom. You kept popping out kids that I had my fill for one lifetime."

Seth laughed and said, "The perfect birth control."

KJ hitched his eyebrow and cracked, "You think. You two keep giving me siblings like it is nobody's business. It has definitely made me even almost afraid to have sex."

"That is good to know." I said, somewhat relieved.

"I said, almost, mom." He smiled.

"Okay, I didn't hear that." I cringed slightly.

Seth laughed. Then he asked, "He has been with Mary since he was fifteen. You really think they aren't having sex yet."

"True, but doesn't mean I want to know." I spatted back.

"Don't worry, mom. We are careful." He smiled.

"Enough, please." I almost pleaded. Seth and KJ laughed again as they got a kick out of me getting a little freaked out. Then I asked, "Can I just get my boys male chastity belts?"