Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Melissa's POV

Seth had texted me since the dinner. We made plans to go to dinner the following night. I was excited about it. We texted up until our date and it made me feel good he kept talking to me. My stomach had butterflies and I was nervous about the date. I finished getting ready as it got closer and put on my high heels when I heard my doorbell ring. I smiled instantly as I knew it was Seth. I got up and walked out of my room towards the front door. I got to it and opened it. Seth stood on the other side with a bouquet of flowers. I smiled as he remember what I said at dinner the night before about dating practices. I asked, "What is this?"

"Well, this is for you." He said with a smile.

He handed them to me and I looked at them. The gesture was extremely sweet. I was in awe. "This is so sweet, Seth. Thank you."

It was a simple gesture, but it made me smile. I noticed him looking at me up and down. "You look incredible, Lissa."

I slightly blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself, MacFarlane."

He actually looked very handsome in his three piece suit. Then he asked, "You ready?"

"Yeah, just let me grab my purse and keys and we can go." I told him.

I rushed back into the house and put the flowers on the counter. I grabbed my purse and keys off the counter and quickly got back to the front door. I stepped out and closed it behind me. I turned to lock up. When I turned back to him, I saw him patiently waiting. "Alright, I think I'm good."

We walked to his car and he opened the passenger door as I got in. I smiled as he was being a gentleman. Something I wasn't use to from men. He closed the door once I got in and he got to the driver side. We took off and after sometime, we got to our destination. It was The Vibrato. I smiled at Seth. I knew he has performed there now and then. I asked him, "Do I get the honor of watching you perform tonight?"

"How did..."He began to ask. "You know what, nevermind, stupid question." He probably quickly picked up that I heard of his performances on social media. "No, not performing tonight. I love this place. I even come here just for a good show and the good food."

He got out and walked over to my side. He opened my door and held out a hand. I took it as I stepped out. He put an arm around my waist as I stood next to him. He seemed proud to have me by his side. We walked inside and a hostess quickly met us. "Mr. MacFarlane." She said with a smile. "Your table is this way."

We followed as she lead us to a table in the corner. A corner booth at that. We both sat down as she handed us the menus. "Your waitress will be with you shortly."

"Thank you." Seth said, sweetly.

I looked over the menu. I instantly see what I want and put it down. Seth already had his down. He was looking at me. "I'm glad you agreed to go out with me tonight."

"Why wouldn't I?" I must have sounded surprised cause he seemed taken back by the way I said it.

"Well, as much as people seem to think I am, which I do not understand, I'm not really a ladies man." He admitted. "Can I confess something?" I nodded. "Attractive women actually terrify me."

I smiled. "Really?" I thought he was joking.

He nodded as he did seem a little uncomfortable. He was not joking. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I can talk to them and be friendly, but when it comes to asking a girl out, not my strongest point. I'm surprised I mustered the courage to ask you out." He chuckled a bit. "I get friend zoned a lot. I will tell you, I have many women, who are very attractive, that are my friend. But only a handful I actually went out with."