Healed

Melissa's POV

Our 20 week ultrasound was coming up and this time Seth wanted to know the sex. He was convinced I was having a girl. He wanted to know if he was right. The last time, he wanted a surprise but this time he wanted to know. I was happy to know what I was having but I secretly hoped for another boy. I have no clue what to do with a girl. I wasn't big on the make up or doing my hair. Not even big on wearing girly clothes. I was a tomboy at heart and it was easy when I had boys. But it did scare me on what if I had a little girl. I was never worried about it in the past but Seth had a point, this pregnancy was different. It had me worried that Seth was right. Seth was barely healed when Rachael showed up. He didn't tell anyone of his procedure. I think he was embarrassed by it. So, when Rachael showed up, he wasn't too happy about it. I let her in and we moved to the living room. She saw Seth on the couch and asked, "Where have you been?"

"Been out sick." He told her.

She looked at me and said, "I bet you have been taking care of him, huh?"

"I had no choice." I only said with a smile.

"Yeah, like you need to catch whatever he has in your state." She was stern.

I laughed and said, "What he has is not contagious."

She looked confused and Seth huffed as he was unhappy with me. She looked at him and asked, "What is wrong with you?"

"Don't worry about it." He only said. Then he asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, Lissa has told me how you wanted to find out the sex at the next ultrasound so I thought I come and ask if maybe you all wanted a gender reveal party." She said.

He looked confused. "A gender reveal. What is that?"

I laughed and said, "Where someone throws a party and we have to do something, whatever they decided to reveal the gender. Their is different ways to do it."

"Yeah and I have the perfect idea." She said with a smile.

"Will we know before then?" He asked.

"There is parties like that, where the parents know and reveal to their friends and family. And others where they reveal it to the parents as well. I kinda wanted to do that one." She told him.

He sighed. "I really want to know when we go."

"Oh, come on Seth, it would be fun." I almost complained. "Please."

He smiled at me. "Alright. Only for you, love."

"Yes!" I said happily.

Just then, James came running in and jumped in Seth's lap. He must have hit his groin. The slightest touch to it, put Seth in severe pain. James moved on the couch as Seth winced at the pain. I quickly asked in concern as I rushed over to him, "You okay?"

Seth shook his head. "God, this is hell. The slightest tap makes me double over in pain."

I looked over at James and he signed, "I didn't mean to hurt daddy." He looked very upset.

I quickly took him in my arms as to calm him. He looked up at me and I said as I signed, "It's okay, baby. It's not your fault. You just have to be careful with daddy. He is still in pain."

Seth got his composer but it was clear he was still in pain. He said as he signed, "Buddy, you didn't mean to. It's okay. Daddy is okay."

James seemed to calm at this. I then said as I signed, "Go play, baby."