Big Decisions

Melissa's POV

I went to the doctor as Seth requested and he did diagnosed me with postpartum depression. Seth was relived to have a diagnoses and I was to be medicated. He was hoping I would return to normal. But it wasn't that easy. I still had my outburst and my insecurities and days where I didn't want to move off the couch. It got a little better. But I still felt so lost on what to do. I started to see a therapist as the doctor instructed and she informed me it would take time, even with medication. But Seth didn't seem to understand that. We still fought. He thought with the medication, I would be better like that. He didn't understand why I still had my moments. It was putting a rift in our marriage and it scared me like hell. The last thing I wanted was another failed marriage, especially with the man I loved more then anything. I told the therapist of our martial issues, she quickly asked Seth to come in my next session. We, with our youngest as we didn't want to leave him with the nanny just yet, sat in the waiting room for her to call us back. Seth didn't look happy to be there. I looked at him, a little concerned. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He exhaled. "I don't understand why I have to be here."

"She wanted to see you as well." I only told him.

"But why?" He asked, a little annoyed.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I did talk about us fighting a lot."

He seemed more annoyed and sat back in his seat. He didn't seem happy with me. Just then my therapist, Marisa, came out. She smiled at us as we stood up. She said, sweetly, "You must be Seth. I am Marisa, your wife's therapist?" She stuck out her hand and Seth shook it. She then said, "Come to my office and we can get started."

Seth grabbed the infant car seat as it had James in it and I grabbed the diaper bag. We followed her and walked into the office. We quickly sat down on a couch in the office as she closed the door. She sat down in her chair and smiled at us. Seth quickly asked, "Why am I here?"

He sounded annoyed but she only smiled at that, as it was something she was use to. "Well, I called you here cause I felt you needed to understand your wife's condition."

"I understand it. I was the one who pushed her to get help." Seth told her.

"That may be, Seth, but as I understand, you two are still fighting a lot." She told him.

He only pressed his lips as he was getting angry now. "Look, I am not the one who needs to be treated, she is."

"You are right about that, Seth. And we are working on that. But I need you to understand, her diagnosis will not fix itself overnight just cause she is medicated and in therapy. This takes time to get results." She told him.

He just rolled his eyes as he was beyond annoyed. I begged, "Please, Seth. Just listen. I am so scared that if this isn't fixed, we will fail. I don't want that for us. I want us to live a life like we talked about but if we continue this, it won't happen."

He looked at me as his demeanor did soften. "Alright, love. I will do this. But I am only doing this for us." He said to me.

I smiled. "Thank you."

He looked back at the therapist and asked, "So, what is it you need to tell me?"

"Well, I actually thought you might want to hear how your wife feels, why she feels overwhelmed and so out of control sometimes. Might be good to hear it from her point of view as she is the one suffering with this problem." Seth only nodded and she said to me, "Alright, Melissa, tell Seth what happened that first day that you began to lose yourself in the depression."