Life Changing News

Melissa's POV

Our week in New York flew by and I was sad it was over. Both Seth and I flew back to LA. I was so glad he came back with me. Once we got back to the house, we quickly took each other as we knew it would be the last night before the kids came home. So, sex would have to be quiet and basically routine. Only had time to ourselves when they were away. I didn't think Seth mind so much. He seemed to be okay with things being routine, even sex, as long as he had us all. But we would take advantage of the last night without children in the house and have as much fun as we could. And that we did.

But the next day quickly came. Kevin said he was bring the boys home early. He was only stationed a few hours away so he didn't take him long to get to LA. About mid morning, the front door busted open as the three boys came running in. I quickly hugged them as I did miss my boys. "How was daddy's?"

"Okay." Jacob said.

"Only okay?" I hitched an eyebrow.

"It was good." KJ responded.

"Good." I said, happily.

Then Seth walked in the living room, just that quick, the boys forgot about me. The ran over to Seth and he happily hugged them. I stood up as I watched on. I turned to looked back at Kevin. He watched the boys and seemed to be smiling. I walked over to him and he said, "So, they really seem to like Seth."

"You have no idea. I swear, I am chop liver when he is around." I joked as I looked at Seth and the kids.

He nodded. "I'm glad they will have him while I am away."

I smiled and said, sweetly, "You'll be back in no time, Kevin, and Seth will become chop liver to them when you come around."

He laughed. "I actually don't mind. It's nice they have someone when I am not around. They seem to look up to him, a lot."

"Well, he is good to them. I think they honestly enjoy the voices he does." I joked.

Kevin only chuckled, then I noticed he was staring at me. I looked at him, "What?"

"You seem really happy, Lissa. I'm glad you are. I know I royally messed up with us. I was a horrible husband." He stated.

"Kevin." I breathed.

"Let me finish." He said. "I know I could never fix what I did. I don't think I actually deserve it. I have come to terms with that. But you do deserve to be happy, Lissa. I can clearly see he makes you happy. I'm happy for you that you found that."

I smiled at him. "Thanks, Kevin." Then I said, sincerely, "I really like this guy here, he reminds me of the guy you were when I first met you. The guy I married."

He smiled back at me. "Well, I figured out some things are little more important." He looked at the boys as he meant them.

"We definitely made three great kids." I chimed.

"At least I was good at doing one thing right." He joked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. Then I asked, "So, where are you going?"

He sighed, "Can't say. It's classified."

"Wow." I said. "It's that bad."

"We'll find out. But I don't know when I will be able to contact the boys, but I will try as much as I can." He told me.

I said, with a smile, "I know you will." Sometimes him being Special Forces meant not know a lot, especially how someone is doing as they rarely get to communicate with the family. Then I said, loudly to the boys, "Alright, come and say bye to your father."