Clarity

Melissa's POV

I understood why Seth was hurt and angry. But we didn't need this on top of everything else. I made my appointment and set everything up. I kept it quiet about my pregnancy as I didn't want people to know what I would do next. Cindy knew and understood why I decided to do this. She didn't judge me for it. Cindy decided to stay the night as she decided to go with me and we decided to go early in the morning. There was always protesters there and I was afraid I would be seen and photographed. I didn't want it leaked I was going to a woman's health clinic for an abortion. I didn't want it splashed all over the tabloids. They would trying to make this into something it wasn't. I was scared of that. Cindy and I sat on the couch before we headed to bed. She asked, "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes." I only said.

"Are you scared?" She asked.

I teared up a bit and answered, "Yes but this is best."

Cindy looked at me and said, "You know I will be there the whole time, right?"

"I know and thank you." I said to her.

She smiled. "Anything for my bestie."

I smiled at her. Cindy said to me, "I'm going to sleep. The nanny is going to be here in the am?"

"Yeah, just long enough to get the boys to school." I told her.

Then she asked, "Seth really isn't going to go?"

"No, he doesn't want me to do this, so he is refusing to have anything to do with this. I really can't blame him." I told her.

"But if he wants to make it work, he should be showing you and at least being there for you." She seemed angry.

"Look, I get it. This is hard for him. He doesn't want this. It would be too painful for him to be there. I understand that." I said to her.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. I am starting to hate the douchebag."

"Cindy, please, don't. He is in pain and hurt. Doesn't help he was already hurting from losing us."

She jumped in, "Which is his fault."

"But now me deciding to do this abortion, just adding more to it. I don't blame him for not being there for me." I told her.

"Well, I'm going to sleep and guess hate Seth all on my own." She grumbled.

I slightly chuckled, then yelled after her as she walked away, "You know he isn't a bad guy, just lost his way, is all!"

"Yeah, yeah." She threw a hand up and waved it as she was just waving me off.

I just chuckled again. She was out of sight at this point. I decided to get to bed myself. I knew the next day would be a difficult one. I walked to my room and got ready. I slowly got dressed and got in bed. I tried so hard to sleep but couldn't. I kept thinking about everything. Seth, the baby, what was about to happen. I finally fell asleep. I don't know how long I was asleep but a horrible nightmare woke me up. I was breathless. I looked at the clock and it was only an hour away till I had to get up anyways. I decided it was no point in sleeping. I got up and got ready for the day. Sometime later, Cindy got up and was ready as the nanny showed up. It was dark outside as it was really early. The nanny had no clue what was going on and I refuse to fill her in. I just told her to get the boys to school. She nodded. Cindy and I left for the clinic. I didn't really feel anything yet. Just a little anxious. I was ready to get it all over with. We pulled up to the clinic and went to the back, the secret door in as they had for high profile clients as myself. I walked in and was in a special waiting area, again for high profile clients trying to keep it undercover. I sat there and I began to get nervous. My leg started to bounce and I fidgeted with my fingers. Cindy looked at me and asked, "Are you okay?"