Finally At Peace

Melissa's POV

We were back in LA, Seth was worse then when we left. He was so much better when we were away. But once we got back, he spiraled into his depression. I was so worried about him. We tried to get the house in Georgia done as we were adding onto the house as we had so many kids and it would take a couple months. So, we were stuck in LA while he was still having paparazzi hound him. I thought by now they would lose interested, but they didn't. The tabloids got worse as well. Every time he read an article, he would get upset. He even got angry towards me. I knew it wasn't on purpose, but I could only take so much. I was losing my husband in his depression. I didn't know what to do. This house was taking too long and we needed to leave so he could have peace. He needed it. We all did before it got so much worse. If there was anyway it could. I was sleeping as Seth had to work late. I was awaken by Seth making noise coming into the room. I looked over at him and he was stumbling. Shit, he was drunk. I sat up and asked, "What the hell, Seth?"

He smiled at me as he got to the bed and sat on it. He moved closer to me and said, sluggishly, "Hhheeeyyy, sexy."

"You're drunk." I said, annoyed.

"Just a little." He said with a smile. Then I noticed him looking at me. He moved to me and moved his hand to my breast. He squeezed it and said, softly, "I want you, baby."

I pushed his hand away. "Not happening, bub. Not in your state."

He moved closer to me as he moved his hand on my shoulder. "Oh, come on, babe."

He moved his lips to my neck and began to kiss it. It did feel good. But I just pushed him away. He wasn't just tipsy, he was plastered. I never have seen him like this, let alone, never had sex with him in this state. I said, firmly, "Enough, Seth."

"What the fuck is your problem?" He was getting angry now.

"Really?" My eyebrow hitched. "You are fucking blitzed out of your mind. I am not going to have sex with you like that. Sorry. But not happening." Then I asked, "How did you get home?"

"I drove." He simply said.

"Tell me you are fucking joking." I got angry.

"Nope." He hiccuped.

I stood up and almost yelled. "Are you fucking stupid?!"

"Calm down, Lissa." He was annoyed.

"Calm down! Calm down! You could have gotten in an accident, Seth! You could have gotten someone hurt or killed with your stupidity! You could have gotten yourself killed! What the fuck were you thinking?!" I yelled at him.

"I wish I would have. Then maybe it would end my misery!" He got up and yelled at me in my face.

I stood there in shock. "What?" I almost breathed out. Then I got upset, hurt. My voice shook, "You don't mean that."

He looked away from me. "Yeah, I do."

I took his face in my hands and forced him to look at me. When he did, tears were falling from his eyes. He was in pain. "Baby, you don't."

He looked at me in my eyes and I saw the pain that filled them. More tears streamed from his eyes. "I'm not okay, Lissa. Not in the least bit. I fucked up in the head, baby. I can't make the bad thoughts go away."

He sobbed at this point and I started to cry as well as I heard him reveal his secret that he kept buried down deep. It scared me. I pulled him close to me as I held him. "I won't let you, Seth." He kept crying against me and I tried to sooth him as tears kept falling from my eyes as well, "It's okay, baby. I got you. I promise, I will keep you safe. No matter what."