Bigger Plans

Melissa's POV

The next day, KJ went with us as we took Ron to my home town to show him around. We drove through the small town and Ron asked me, "So, you really grew up here?"

"Yes, sir." I even noticed my country twang came out at the moment.

I heard Seth chuckle. He loved it when it came out. He actually hated the fact the more I stayed in LA, the more it went away. But he told me every time we went back to Georgia, it came out real strong. I always smiled at this. We kept driving as I told Seth I wanted to see my parent's home. My mother kept it even though she moved to LA. I think she couldn't bring herself to get rid of the house her and dad raised us children in. I was glad she didn't. We got out and I walked to the door. I told my mom we were going to town when we got to Georgia so she asked me to check on the house. I pulled out the key she gave me before we left and unlocked it. We walked in and Ron looked around. "This is a beautiful home."

"It is. I have so many memories of this place." I said with a smile.

He smiled at me. We walked around as I gave him a tour. Then we walked out in the backyard. KJ went on to show his grandfather around of the yard while Seth and I stood on the porch. Seth asked me, "Why do you think your mom keeps this place?"

"I think cause this was our home and so many of our memories are here. Especially ones with my dad, I think she can't do it for that reason." I told him.

"So, do you think she will ever sell it?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't think so." Then I noticed him smiling at me. "What is going on in that head of yours, MacFarlane?"

"Well, we have talked about when we retire, moving here. What if we just moved into this place when we did?" He said, smiling.

I was shocked. "What? Are you serious?"

"Yeah, why not? I know you love this place as much as your mother does. I would love it here, it's just outside of town, close to the country and quiet here. After our crazy lives in LA, it would be a great place to settle down." He said.

I smiled. I got giddy. I almost jumped into his arms. I planted a big kiss on his lips and pulled away. "God, I love you."

He had a big smile on his face. I knew this man loved making me happy. "So, do you think your mom would sell to us?"

I thought about it for a moment. "I think so. I mean, it would stay in the family and basically passed unto us. I mean, it doesn't hurt to ask."

"Well, I am. I think this place would be perfect to settle down in." He said smiling.

My smiled faded as I looked at the house. Then I looked back at him. "Are you sure, Seth? It's no where as big as our place. I mean, would you be happy with this place?"

He moved his arms around me and smiled. "Of course, love. Cause it makes you happy. I mean, you basically jumped into my arms when I said we should buy it from your mom. Do you remember how much you fussed over every house we looked at before we got the one we live in. I know you were like that cause you aren't into all the big things in life. You like it simple for the most part. This place is a piece of you. I would be happy here cause you are. I would look at you here and see you smiling and that would make me happy. I don't care about how big it is, all I care about is how happy you will be."

I smiled at him and said, "MacFarlane, you are something else."

"I know, love. That is why you love me so much." He said to me.