A Surprising Request

Melissa's POV

I flew in by mid afternoon. Once we got to the penthouse, we barely left the room. We had a lot of time to make up for, that was for sure and we sure did. Now it was nightfall and I was laying with Seth. I was happy to be with him. I had missed him so much. We laid there as we just enjoyed being together. He asked, "So, do you want to go on set tomorrow?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I would love that."

"Good, cause I already planned that." He said, happily.

I just smiled then it crossed my mind as it hadn't before as I was just too excited to see him, he might work the whole time I am here. I asked, "So, how long will you be working while I am here?"

"Not long. I don't have much filming left to do." He replied.

"That's good." I smiled again.

He then asked, "So, how are the boys?"

"Good." I smiled. "They really do miss you like crazy."

I saw him smile as I think it made him feel good the boys missed him. "I miss them too. I can't wait to go back home and be with all of you."

"You know." I pointed out. "You keep calling my house home."

He looked at me a little worried he might be scaring me, "I know. I think it is habit now, considering I spend more time there then I do at my house. I only go there to just get some things together and then leave."

"I know, it is." I tried to ease his worry. "But I was thinking..." I started to let my worries and anxiety get to me. I quickly retracted. "You know what, nevermind."

I moved off his chest and laid on the bed. He rolled over to look at me. "No, tell me, baby."

I shook my head. "It's nothing." I then smiled at him, hoping to forget about it.

But as usual, Seth didn't. "No, I want to know what you were thinking."

I looked at him and was nervous. "I was thinking we should take this relationship to the next level but then the idea scared me as I started to say so."

He frowned. "Come here." I rolled to my side and moved closer to him. I put my head against his chest as he held me. "Baby, I would never push you to do anything you didn't want to. But what would the next step be for us?"

I shrugged. "I was thinking officially moving in together. I mean, we basically do. But then when I thought about it, it scared me. Like actually saying we live together, it does scare me. Like you having your place even though you stay with me, is comforting."

"Why does it scare you, love?" He asked.

I sighed. "Cause people I love have a tendency to disappoint me. Kevin, my dad, and look what the hell just happened with Cindy and I. I'm scared this will be messed up somehow."

"First of all, baby, I know Cindy and you will make up. You two are best friends. You two will work it out." Then he asked, "And you and your dad are still not talking?"

I shook my head. "He is a stubborn man and I guess it is genetic cause apparently I am too. Either one of us refuse to talk to each other."

"Well, maybe you should get over your stubbornness and reach out to him. You don't know what could happen." He told me. Then I moved back and looked up at him. "And baby, I know I am not perfect. I am going to piss you off. Hell, I know I am going to fuck up. You will piss me off. But I refuse to just let you go and I will fight like hell to keep you. I know you are scared, especially after Kevin. But remember, you were attracted to me cause you said I was nothing like him. I am not Kevin. I will disappoint you from time to time and that is cause I am human. I will fuck up. But I will always try to make up for it and show you how much I love you. Cause I do. Again, I will never push you to do something you are not ready for, but don't let your fears get in our way of a future."