Meeting for The First Time

Seth's POV

I was extremely nervous as I stepped into the kitchen. I saw Cindy with the three boys. I only seen them once back when I got into a fight with their father. I never was introduced to them and never got a chance considering we broke up. But now I was actually meeting them. I was really nervous. Lissa had my hand, I knew she was trying to comfort me. She knew I was nervous to meet her kids, even though I was so adamant about meeting them. We walked in and the oldest boy turned to us. I think he noticed we are holding hands. He asked me, "Are you Seth?"

I looked at Lissa and she gave me a comforting smile. I turned back to the boy and smiled. "Yes, I am. And you must be KJ." Lissa talked a lot about her boys that I knew them by name.

He nodded. The other two children looked at me. I said to the middle child, "And you are Jacob." Then to the youngest. "And Josh, right?"

The middle one smiled at me but the youngest ran over to his mother on the opposite side of me, hid behind her leg. She told me he was the shy child. Lissa let go of my hand and picked him up. She looked at her other two and said, "What do ya'll say?"

"Nice to meet you." They both said in unison.

KJ turned to his brother and yelled, "Jinx!"

Lissa rolled her eyes and said, "Jacob, Jacob, Jacob."

"MOM!" KJ almost yelled at her. "That is not fair."

"Well, today I need you all not to play this little game." She told him.

I laughed slightly and said with a smile, "It's nice to meet you two as well."

Then I turned to Lissa as Josh looked at me. I said to him, "And you too, little man."

He smiled shyly and buried his head in his mother's neck. Lissa tried to reassure me, "He will get use to you. Then you will wish he stayed shy."

I laughed. "It's okay, I understand. He has to get use to me."

Lissa smiled. Then KJ moved closer to me. "Mama said you made Family Guy."

I turned to Lissa a bit surprised. "You let them watch it?"

She nodded. "No judgement."

"Oh, I'm not, just unusual for parents to allow their children to watch it." I told her.

"It's not that bad. There are shows far worse out there. But I refused to let them watch Ted." She told me.

I laughed. "Mama says it's not for children. But it has a teddy bear that talks in it." KJ almost complained.

I laughed even more as I found it amusing cause he didn't understand why he couldn't. Lissa quickly reminded him, "I told you, son. It's not appropriate for children. There is inappropriate language in it."

"She's right." I agreed with her. "Not really for children."

"You've seen it?" He asked.

I laughed. "Well, yeah, I better have since it's my movie."

He mouth almost dropped. "Really?"

"Yeah. I wrote it and directed it. I also voiced the bear." I told him.

"That's cool." He chimed.

"And yes, Family Guy is my show." I said to the young man.

"So, cool. So, what do you do on the show?" He asked.