Hiding Away

Melissa's POV

It was the day of the ceremony and I was excited. The ceremony went off without a hitch and Seth looked happy to renew our vows. We even had a reception afterwards. With our five kids there and our family and only close friends. I could see it on Seth's face that he was happy about this. He was just smiling. I loved it as for a while there he had been depress and was distanced. But now he staying close to me and was smiling. He seemed really happy. I knew this ceremony was what he needed. I couldn't help it but to smile to see Seth so happy. Last minute, I changed our honeymoon destination as I thought I find a place more private as he wanted to stay away from people with everything happening. But I don't tell him. I set it up from the destination to changing the flight agenda. Seth had no clue. I wanted to surprise him. Now as we were leaving, his happiness faded as we headed to the airport. I looked at him as I noticed. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Nothing." He lied as he looked out the window.

"Don't give me that shit." I said to him. "I know when something is wrong with you. I thought today took this all away."

"It did." Then he looked at me. "For a moment."

"What changed?" I asked him.

He looked back out the window and plainly said, "We went back to the real world." Then he looked back at me. "Do you think this will ever stop?"

I know what he was talking about and moved over to him. I sighed. "I don't know." I said, honestly. "But now, let's enjoy this. We will worry about it when we get back."

"It's not like I will get to enjoy our honeymoon. You really think we can hid away while on our honeymoon?" He asked.

I smiled as I had other plans he had no clue of. "You might be surprised."

He looked at me confused and I just smiled. We finally got to the plane and left. Once we got to the destination, which was Maine, Seth looked confused. "I thought we were going to the Bahamas."

I smiled at him. "I changed our plans."

"Why here though?" He asked.

"You'll see." I said with a smile.

We rented a car and I drove as I knew where we were going. It took sometime. We drove for a few hours and after sometime, we got to a dirt road and drove down it. Seth asked, "Where are we going?"

"Patience." I only said.

We got to the end of the dirt road and got to a cabin on a lake. Seth looked confused and asked, "What is this?"

I put the car in park and looked at him as I sat back in the seat. "I know you want peace and that is what I am giving you for the next week. We are hiding out in this cabin for the next week so it will be only you and I. We will be all alone, away from the world. Our phones won't work here and no internet, so we are really isolated."

Seth got a worried look on him. "This kids."

I just smiled and said, "There is a house phone and my mom has the number. So, no worries. We are not completely isolated, just enough to give you the privacy that you need so bad."

He smiled at me and leaned in to me. He took my lips gently and kissed me, deeply. Once he pulled away, he was smiling still. "God, you are perfect."

I just bit my lip and then said, "Come on."

We got out of the car and got our luggage out. We got to the cabin and walked in. It was big and beautiful. It was fully furnished and just perfect. I put our luggage down as did Seth. I looked around and loved it. He moved behind me and put his arms around me from behind me. He moved his lips to my neck and rained a few kisses as I moved my head to his shoulder. Then he moved his lips to my ear and asked, softly, "So, where is the bedroom?"