Amends

Melissa's POV

Seth and I were spending more time together and my break up from Scott spread all over tabloids. I got a lot of questions at first but as time went on, it calmed. Seth and I still didn't go public with it. We needed to wait for the right time. Cindy and I also hung out more. I missed her as well as my other friends. But they were not as forgiving. Cindy decided to set up a get together where there was a barbecue going and our usual stuff. Cindy decided we should make amends. She wanted me to come a little later as she wouldn't tell the others of my arrival. I pulled up to the house with Seth in my truck and I got nervous. He noticed. "It's going to be okay, love."

"What if they do not forgive me. I just disappeared, ignored them when they reached out. I was a horrible friend." I told him.

"You were going through a lot, baby. You shut down, pushed everyone you love away. You are not the first person to do that." Seth tried to reassure me. "Come on, it's the moment of truth."

I nodded. We both got out of my truck and walked to the door. I rang the doorbell and Cindy opened it. She hugged me as she said, "I'm so glad you made it."

"Me too. Even though I am so nervous right now." I told her as we pulled away.

Cindy noticed Seth. "Oh, hey, Seth. I didn't expect you."

"Um, yeah, Lissa said it would be okay. Kinda here for moral support." Seth told her.

"I hope you don't mind." I asked.

"Of course not. I've always liked Seth. Plus, the more, the merrier." She said, happily. "Come in."

I walked in with Seth and my nerves went crazy at this point. I let out a slow, erratic breath. Seth noticed and grabbed my hand. I was so glad he was with me. Cindy lead us to the kitchen area and there sat Lucas, Amy, Matt, Mike and Karen. They all looked at Seth and me. Mike quickly got upset. "What the hell, Cindy?!"

"Mike, shut up!" She quickly told him. Then said to everyone, "Look, Lissa has something to say. Just hear her out."

Cindy gave me the floor and I was extremely nervous. My breathing was hitched as I trying to find the right words. "I'm so sorry for just disappearing like that. I was in a really bad place. I pushed away the ones I loved the most when I should have needed ya'll then. I was a horrible friend. I love ya'll, I do. And all I can say is I'm sorry. I made a horrible mistake. I hope ya'll can forgive me. I missed ya'll so much."

Amy quickly got up and rushed over to me. She hugged me and said, sweetly, "I've missed you too. And I forgive you."

When she pulled away from me, she smiled as did I. I was so happy she forgave me. One by one, each of my friends hugged me as hey were happy I was there. Mike was the only who didn't move. I looked at him. "Mike, we have been friends since we were kids. I don't want that thrown away now. Please."

Mike then asked, "Well, why is he here?" He pointed to Seth.

"Um, well, here for moral support." I told him.

"Are you two back together?" He asked almost angrily.

"Well, yeah." I only answered.

He then said, "It's funny, you two get back together and now you want us to be friends again. What if you two break up again?"

"Well." I slowly answered. "If that does happen, I'll need you and everyone else."

He just looked at me and stood up. "Lissa, what you did was cruel to us. I understand you were in a lot of pain but you should have let us in, not push us away. We're not just friends, we are family."