Good Days and Bad Days

Melissa's POV

A few days went by, I was discharged. But I didn't leave the hospital. Seth and doctors convinced me to leave as they felt it was unhealthy for me to just stay there, just watching out little girl. We got home and we walked in. I would spend my first night overnight at home since my baby girl has been born. I was happy to see my boys though but not too happy about leaving my little girl at the hospital alone. Seth and I walked in. Instantly, my boys ran to me. I hugged each one of them. I did miss them. I smiled as they hugged me and talked to me all at once. Seth laughed and said, "Okay, boys, we know you miss mommy, but let her get a breather.

They calmed down and Jacob said, "We missed you, mommy."

I smiled at him and moved a hand through his hair. I rested my hand on the back of his head. I said, sincerely, "I missed you guys too."

Just then my mom came in and quickly hugged me. "Honey, how are you?"

I pulled away and shook my head. I was far from it. Until she got a lot better, I couldn't be okay. "I'm just trying to take it day by day."

"It's all you can do." She said, softly. "Just know, I keep praying for her. Even if your husband doesn't believe."

Seth smiled and said, "I may not believe, Margaret but I will not frown at what you feel is necessary. I do appreciate it though."

She smiled at him and said, "You are something else, Seth."

Then I turned back to my boys and asked, "Did you all come up with a name for her?"

Seth and I were too focused on our little girl that we couldn't come up with a name. So we asked the boys come up with it. Kj smiled as he stood with his brother. "We decided on Jennifer Hope."

I smiled at my children as it felt so special. Not only cause my boys came up with the name but cause the middle name felt perfect with the situation. I said to them with a tear in my eyes, "I love it, boys. It's perfect."

They smiled as I hugged them. I spent time with them as I did miss them. That evening, KJ and I were alone in the living room as the others were in bed. He looked at me and said, "Mom."

I looked over at him and smiled, "Yeah, baby."

"Is Jennifer going to be okay?" He asked. I looked away and down at my hands. Then he said, "Mom, I know she came way too early and everything is scary. I know something isn't right. I may have not said anything but I need to know if my sister will be okay."

I sighed and said, "She is doing better but she has a long way to go. So, I don't know if she will." Then I looked at him and said, "Also, I am sorry I haven't been here after I got discharged."

He gave me a smile. "I understand, mom. Jennifer needs you more. I'm not little anymore. I get that you have to be there with her. Not just for her, but for yourself." Then he asked, "Do you think I could see her?"

I smiled at him and nodded. "I think we can manage that."

"Good." He seemed happy he could. Then he said, "Alright, I'm going bed."

I nodded and he moved out of the room. Just then my mom walked in. She moved over to me and sat down. She asked, "How are you holding up, hun?"

"I just want to hold my little girl and take her home already. This feels like a bad dream, mom." I said, sadly.

"I know, sweetie. But I have faith she will pull through." She said with a small smile. Then she said, "Oh, I love the name the boys picked out."