Slowly Moving Forward

Melissa's POV

Seth and I got home. Instantly, Seth took me to bed. I broke in front of him. I didn't mean to but he terrified me. I was on edge ever since that day. I didn't know how to deal. All I thought was Jonathan was going to get me. It was overwhelming. I tried to hid it and for a while there, I did pretty good at it. Seth knew I was off, but I could tell he had no idea I was still scared out of my mind. We got changed and into bed. I laid there and had my back to Seth. I felt him move over to me and took me into his arms. I actually needed it. We just laid there and slowly I drifted off. I felt safe in his arms and cause of that, sleep came easily. I woke up and Seth wasn't holding me. I turned and saw him on his laptop next to me. I looked over at the clock next to the bed and saw it was past one. I turned to him and asked, "What are you doing awake?"

"I couldn't sleep. Jennifer woke up earlier but I got her back to sleep. I decided to get some work done." He said to me.

He closed his laptop and put it on the nightstand. He laid back down and was facing me. I turned so I would look at him. I asked, "Why can't you sleep?"

"I don't know, love." He breathed. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Not about me, I hope." I said to him.

"I can't help it." He admitted. "The way you reacted to me by me just touching you. That my touch even terrified you. It got to me. You seem so different and it actually scares me."

I sighed and said, "It scares me too."

"It does?" He asked as he sounded stun.

"Yeah, it really sucks to be so terrified that something bad can happen that when my own husband touches me, I freak. I don't like that feeling, Seth." I told him.

"You think about therapy. I mean, it might help." He asked.

"I don't know, Seth." I told him.

He frowned and said, "Please think about it, love. I don't want to be scared to touch you."

I nodded. He moved in and took my lips. I returned it. I didn't want to push him away anymore.

A few more weeks passed and I was reeling from the fact my son was in his senior year of high school. It was Friday and it was a big game for him as he was back in football. He had scouts coming out to see him. He had real potential to get into college and so many people wanted him that at this point, he could pick the college of his choosing. I was so proud of him. I was excited about the game. But I had to put it on hold as I had to go to court. We were going to Jonathan's trial as they wanted me on the stand. I was dressed for court as was Seth. We were on the way as I fidget in the passenger seat. Seth took noticed. "It will be okay, love."

"But I don't want to face him, Seth. He tried to rape me, I can't stand to see his face." I said to him.

"I know, love. But we have to make sure this bastard gets put away." He told me.

I just nodded. He reached over and took my hand. I looked over at him as he tried to put on a brave face. We got to the courthouse and we sat outside the courtroom. My lawyer tried to make sure I would have to see very little of this guy. He knew that it caused me anxiety to even think about being in the room with him. Then he walked out and said, "They are calling you on the stand."

I nodded and stood up. Seth also stood up and said to me as he saw I was nervous, "It will be okay, love. I promise. You just tell them what happen and we will be out of there."

I again nodded and we all walked in. We walked down the aisle as all eyes were on us. I hated this kind of attention. As we got to the front, Seth moved to a seat and I walked with my lawyer to the stand. He had prepared me what would be asked of me on both sides. I went in the witness stand and looked over at Jonathan. He just smirked at me. It shook me. I quickly looked away from him and the bailef walked up to me with a bible. He said, "Raise your right hand." I did and he said, "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help you God?"