10. Fight for you two

David's POV

I hold Liza's hand while she's still in a lot of pain. I look over to the doctors and see them feeling Liza's belly. Then I notice something, Liza's bump is suddenly a lot bigger than it was before. And I don't mean a month ago, no like bigger than an hour ago. "Da..vid..!" Liza cries. "No babe it's ok." I try to comfort her. "No it's not! AArrgghh." She looks at me one more time before her eyes roll behind and she passes out. "Ok let's move!" A doctor yells, the nurses plop the wheels of her bed and they ride her away. I want to go with them but I'm being stopped by a nurse. She says I have to wait in the waitingroom and they will get me later. I sit down and call Gabbie, they all went home after Liza woke up. I don't know if she's going to answer because it's 5 am. I think they're all still sleeping, it was a long night. She answers and I tell her to come to the hospital. If I'm honest I'm very tired too, I didn't sleep tonight. But I'm to worried to sleep.

I'm waked up by Gabbie, guess I was tired enough to sleep. "Hey! How's Liza doing?" She asks while sitting next to me. "I don't know.. But something is wrong Gabbie, I just feel it." "I'm sorry David, this is my fault. I should've stopped her immediately when I saw she drank.." Gabbie says. "No Gab, it's not anyones fault. And if it is it's my fault, I said awful things to her." I reply. We talk for a little longer untill a doctor comes in. "David?" He says and I get up. "Wait Gabbie come with me." I say. "Ok, we found out Liza got an allergic reaction at the medicines we gave her. She lost amniotic at some way. That can cause that the baby will maybe be born to early. But she will probably be ok." The doctor says. "Ok thank you." I say and I walk with Gabbie towards Liza's room. When we come in I see she's still sleeping. I sit down on one side of her, Gabbie at the other. I grab her hand and say "Come on babe, I know you can do this. Fight for yourself. Fight for you two."

I stroke Liza's hand and talk to Gabbie untill I hear someone clear their throat. I look up and Liza is smiling at me. "Hey! babe!" I say while I softly give a kiss on her forehead. "How are you feeling?" I ask her. "Better, but my stomach feels weird." She says. "Can I look at your belly?" Liza nods and I lift up the blanket. I slowly lay my hand on her belly. "We will maybe see you earlier than expected." I say talking to her stomach. "What do you mean?" Liza asks confused. "Oh I didn't even tell you what happened. Well you got an allergic reaction at the medicines they gave you, and you lost amniotic. Now the baby will probably be born a little too early." I say. "But I'm just glad you will be ok. And you will be too." I add while I kiss her belly.

Liza's POV 

I smile at the sight of David kissing my belly. "Hey Gab!" I say then. "Hey! Haha I just thought you two forgot about me." She laughs.

It's 11 pm and David is still with me in the hospital. "Should I ask a nurse for an extra bed?" He asks. "You can just lay with me if you want." I say, he nods and climbs in bed with me. "David?" "Yea?" "Can you hold me?" "Of course." He puts his arm around me and I lay on his chest. I feel so protected, this is the first time I'm really laying like this with David. I wanna lay like this with him more often, wait why with David? I knew I was getting feelings for him, shit. He probably doesn't want me. He probably only holds me like this because I'm carrying his baby. See, his other hand slowly slides to my belly. I knew it, this is just temporary.