78. Tell him

David's POV

I'm walking home. I need to go somewhere, I don't have anything anymore.

I ring the bell and wait. Finally Gabbie opens. "David." She says with a serious face. "Gabbie I need some help. My backpack got stolen. I don't have anything. And technically this is still my house." Gabbie rolls her eyes but fully opens the door so I can enter. I go in and sit on the couch, I place my head in my hands. Gabbie deeply sighs and sits next to me on the couch. "David I hate you." She says and I look up at her with a questioning face. "But, you were and are one of my best friends. I really don't agree with what you did, but I'll help you." She says. "Thanks Gabbie. What do I do?" She wants to answer me but then I see Mila with only a diaper on running towards Gabbie, laughing really hard like the little kid she is. Behind her is Zane, all sweaty, with a shirt in his hands, chasing Mila. Mila clamps on Gabbie's leg. Zane leans with his hand on the other couch. "She... won't let me... put on... her shirt." He pants. Gabbie laughs. "Come here monster." She grabs Mila and puts her on her lap. She next grabs the shirt from Zane and effortlessly puts the shirt on Mila. She puts her down again and Zane looks at Gabbie with a shocked face. "So where were we?" She asks.

Zane walks away with Mila again.
G: So your backpack got stolen.
D: Yes. Everything was in it.
G: Go to the police then.
D: Already done. They'll look for it but they said there's a really small chance I'll get it back.
G: okay bu-

She gets interrupted by the front door being opened, it's Liza. "David." She says when she sees me. "Hey Liza." I say, I know she's still mad at me. But Jesus, she is so damn beautiful. She sits down on the other couch. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "My backpack got stolen. I lost everything. Literally." The last thing I say really soft. "Gabbie could you please let us alone for a second." "Of course." Gabbie runs upstairs and Liza sits next to me on the same couch.

L: Okay David. I'm mad at you. And I won't forgive you for what you've done. But you need to know something.
D: Okay tell me.
L: Im pregnant.
D: Really?! Did you already find a new guy?!
L: What? No. David it's yours.
D: Are you serious?!
L: Yes! That's what I wanted to tell you when you told me you cheated.
D: Oh my god Liza! That's amazing!
-I hug her but she pushes me away.-
L: But, I'm not taking you back.
D: Okay...
L: But I don't want my child to grow up without a dad just because the father was an asshole to the mother.
-I look down-
D: I understand.
L: But now tell me. You lost everything?
D: My backpack got stolen and everything was in it.
L: -sighs deeply- Can't you stay with your new girlfriend?
D: It's not my girlfriend. She ditched me.
-Liza chuckles. David looks down again-
L: Where did you sleep?
D: On a bench in the park.
-Liza laughs again-
L: That's what I call karma.
D: I guess.
L: Fine. You can stay here. Júst because you're the father of my child. You can sleep in the guest room.
D: Thank you so much. Ehh, can I maybe feel it?

I ask her pointing to her belly. She lifts up her sweater and now I see the bump that formed. I slowly place my hand on her belly and start to tear up. My baby, who I thought I would never have again. "3 months." Liza suddenly says. I look at her with a questioning face. "It's 3 months old." She smiles. "Liza can I please hug you?" I ask. She hesitates. "No David. Let's not do that." She gets up and walks away. Why. Why did I have to fuck up.