82. New born new start

David's POV

I wake up from Liza yelling my name. I quickly get out of bed and get out of the guest room. Liza is 9 months pregnant at the moment, so I have a feeling why she's yelling me. I run into the bedroom and see Liza clinching onto the bedsheets, breathing hard. Her eyes are squeezed shut and I see she's in a lot of pain. I sit next to her and hold her. "Shh.. it's okay, I'm here." I try to calm her. "Let's go to the hospital huh?" I ask. Liza nods and wants to get up when she stops. She grabs my hands and squeezes them hard while she gets another contraction.

*timelapse*

I stare at her with a paralyzed face while Liza screams in pain. I look at Gabbie and she looks back at me. Liza calms down and gets her breath. We've been here for 6 hours and Liza isn't fully dilated yet. Our doctor, Julia, checked an hour ago and told us she's at 7 centimeters, that means it could take another while.

When we got here I asked Liza if I could stay. And after a while of hesitating and talking to Gabbie she decided I could.

After 2 more hours Julia comes in again. "I'm going to check on you again okay?" She asks. Liza nods. The doctor lifts up the blanket and feels Liza. When she's done she frowns. "What's wrong?" I ask. "It's taking too long. Liza is 9 centimeters dilated but your water didn't break yet. I'm sorry Liza but I think we have to induce you and break your water." (AN: induce means when they break your water in the hospital) Liza's face expression changes and she looks scared. "I'll come back in 5 minutes to induce you." Julia leaves the room and Liza faces me. I see the anxiety in her eyes. I grab her hand. "It's gonna be okay. They're just going to break your water. We'll be here with you." I tell her. She looks back at me with a thankful face.

Liza's POV

David's so sweet. I can't do this without him. Ugh I want him back so bad, but I can't. I look at Gabbie. "David's right babe, it's okay." She grabs my hand to reassure me. I nod and smile. Then Julia comes back in with a nurse. The nurse is holding some things on a silver tray. "So are you ready?" She asks. "I think so." I respond. Julia sits down at a chair at the end of my bed and folds the blanket over my knees. "Okay I'm going to start." She says. I grab David and Gabbie's hands. The nurse hands Julia some things and I feel cold metal inside me. After a few moments I feel a pinch and my face crunches up. "Are you okay?" Julia asks. "Yeah I'm fine." I reply. The pinching goes on for a few more seconds and then it's done. I feel water streaming like I just peed myself. "Okay Liza your water broke I think you can start pushing in a few moments. I'll stay here." Just as I nod I get another contraction. I collapse on the bed and groan and moan in pain. I hate this so much, it hurts too bad. But I know I'll forget everything when I can hold my kid. "Liza I think you're ready to push." I give Gabbie and David a quick glare, grab their hands and then nod. "Let's do it."

David's POV

Almost an hour later Liza is about to do her final push. "3,2,1 Push Liza!" Julia yells. Liza takes a really deep breath and starts pushing. I feel like she's breaking my hand but that's okay for now. Liza screams really hard. She stops again and let's go of my hand. I think my baby is born, but when I look I don't see a baby. Julia sees me looking and points to where Liza's core is. "You can see the top of his head." She says. I look and see the head of my son. Just when I want to say something I hear a sob. I look up and see Liza crying. "What's wrong?!" I ask rushing to her side. "I can't do it! I'm exhausted." She cries. I don't blame her. He's been getting hard contractions for 8 hours now and been pushing for an hour. I feel so bad for her, I just want it to be over with. "Liza you can do it. Come on. I believe in you." I grab her hand tightly and nod at her. "If you push with all your strength now it could be done Liza. David and Gabbie grab a leg." Julia says. "Ready?" Liza nods. "3,2,1 Push!!" Gabbie and I both pull back one of Liza's legs. Liza screams harder than before. Her head turns really red and she pushes her chin to her chest. "AAAHHRRRGG." She yells. She stops again and I'm afraid to look. Until, I hear a small wail. I finally dare to look down and I see him, my son. "Congrats, you have a son." I wipe an upcoming tear away.

"Does the dad want to cut the umbilical cord?" Julia asks. I look at Liza but she has her eyes closed. "Yeah of course." I cut the cord and the nurse cleans and wraps my son in a blanket. She wants to lay him on Liza's chest but when I turn around I see Liza still has her eyes closed, it looks weird. "Liza?" I ask, no reply. Gabbie starts shaking her lightly but she doesn't open her eyes. I look at Julia but she just looks back at me with an asking face. I walk closer to Liza and also start shaking her. I know she was exhausted but she wouldn't fall asleep when her kid is born right?

Then the monitor Liza is hooked up to starts beeping. "What's happening?!" I ask scared. The nurse tells me she's going to bring my son away to check him up and I want to ask if he's okay but she's already gone. Julia calls for more doctors. They all come rush into the room and start doing stuff to Liza. They put an oxygen mask on her face and that's the last thing I see before Gabbie and I are pushed out of the room.

We stand in the hallway and all our friends are staring at us. I sit down and put my head in my hands. "What happened?" I hear Zane whisper to Gabbie. Gabbie explains everything to everyone.

20 minutes later a doctor comes out. "Liza's body just sorta gave up from the exhaustion, but she'll be okay. She's not awake yet." I feel so relieved and feel the need to hug the doctor. All the others come out to and I ask if I can see Liza, I can. I walk inside and sit down next to the bed. I grab Liza's hand.

We're not together anymore and I think I fucked up too bad to ever get together again, but I love her so much. and if something would've happened to her I would never forgive myself. I slowly stroke Liza's hand while a tear escapes my eye. It's a happy and a sad tear. Happy that we got our son finally. But sad because it won't be how we raised Skye. Not together.

Half an hour later a nurse comes back in and hands me my child. "He's small but looks very healthy. Congrats." I thank her as she leaves. I look at my newborn son in my arms. He's staring at me with big brown eyes and really long eyelashes. I haven't had the chance to really look at him. He has a light color, still a little bit darker than mine. I lift up his little hat and see light brown thin hairs. He looks a lot like me. "Hey baby. Welcome to the world!" I softly bounce him up and down.

A few minutes later Liza wakes up. She looks confused for a brief second and then looks at me. Her eyes almost immediately go to the little boy in my arms. A wide smile appears on her face. I grin as I get up to hand him to Liza. She embraces him in her arms and the small kid immediately nuzzles into her chest. "You did it Liza." I say proudly. "I did." She smiles not taking her eyes off the baby. "What do you wanna name him?" I ask. "I like Jayden. What do you think?" She replies. "It's perfect." I smile back.

Liza's POV

Later that night when everyone left I look at my small son in my arms just done getting fed. David sits down at the edge of my bed. "Thank you for being here today." I say. "Of course Liza. Even if you don't love me I will always be there for you when you need me to. I promised that when you were pregnant the first time and I'm not breaking that promise." I smile at him. "I do love you. I will always love you. It's just... You forgot me so easily when you had the chance to. That really breaks my heart." David looks down. "I'm sorry Liza. I'm so truly sorry. I was so stupid." He answers softly. "Yes you were, and you still are. But I believe you're sorry. I have an idea. Let's just start with a fresh new start. We'll forget it and we'll see how we end up. I'm not going to promise anything but let's just do as if we just met." David smiles. "But we have a kid." I quickly add. David comes a little closer. He grabs my hand. "Hey I'm David." "I'm Liza." We shake hands and smile. He turns around and lays next to me on the bed. I lay my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and we both look at Jayden, sweetly sleeping in my arms.

Finally, I feel peace again.