38. The boy

David's POV

I lost the boy. I lost my son. My babyboy. I feel a sharp pain, it's centered in my heart. It hurts me so bad to see this baby, my baby, dead.

I lift up the so so little baby. His body is already cold. I sit down still holding the baby close to my chest. He lays there so peacefully, with his little eyes closed. As if he can wake up every second. But he won't. I hug him really thight. "Rest in peace my little baby boy." I say just before I kiss his tiny forehead. I put him back in the bed and put a blanket over him. "I love you baby. Sweet dreams." I say as I leave the room. I close the door behind me and keep standing there for a few seconds, tears running down my face. I would have a son.

A nurse sees me crying and heads towards me, I think she's like 50 or something. "Sit down dear." She says guiding me to a chair. She sits down next to me and rubs my back. "Did you lose your child?" She asks and I nod, which makes my tears fly everywhere. "Are you Dobrik?" She asks. "How did you know?" I asked back.

N: I put your baby in that blanket, and I placed it in the bed. I took care of it you see.

D: Thank you for that.

N: It's my job hun. But you have a beautiful son.

D: He is right? Do you find he looks like me?

N: A lot. He's just as pretty as you. I bet his sister is gonna be just as pretty.

D: You also know that?

N: Yea I was there with the operation. Were this your first?

D: no I have another little girl at home.

N: You're a good girl producer dear. Good luck with your life.

D: Thank you.

She walks away and I also get up. I first walk towards the waiting room. At my surprise Gabbie is still there. "Hey Dave." She immediately hugs me when she sees me. "Hey Gab. Thanks so much." I say. "For what?" "Just everything." I say while I hug her thight again. "I'm always here for you guys babe." I give her a smile and ask her "Gabbie could you maybe do me a huge favor and get Skye for me?" Gabbie nods gives me a peck on my cheek and gets out of the hospital. I walk back to Liza's room. Just when I enter it she opens her eyes.