47. This can't be true

Liza's POV

This has to be a dream. This can't be true. This can't be real life. I close my eyes, squeeze them real tight and open them again. It didn't work. David is still sitting next to me covered in tears, my belly is still flat and Skye isn't laying next to me. This is so not fair. "Are you ok?" David asks. "Do you think I'm okay?!" I snap back. "I'm sorry Liza. I'm also hurt you know, it were also my children." It feels like someone stabs me when I hear him say 'were'. "I know. I'm sorry David. Can we hold each other?" I ask, he frowns. "Well I can barely move on my own but I'll try." He tries to stand but that doesn't work at all. Then he tries to get on the bed by pushing himself up but also that fails. "Wait babe." I say. I get off the bed and sit on his lap in his wheelchair. "Does this hurt you?" I ask. "No baby, it's just fine." He wraps his arms around me and I curl up in a ball. "Do you want to see Skye?" David asks carefully. "Yea, I think I want to." "Ok I can't ride the wheelchair on my own, not strong enough. But I know where she is." He replies. "I'll push you." I say while already standing behind him.

I push until David stops us at a room. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Did you see her already?" "Yes I did." I nod and open the door while pushing David in. I gasp.

David's POV

I look at Liza, she looks heartbroken. That's because she is. I mean, I was already broken and Liza is even closer to Skye. "Should I let you alone?" I ask. "Yea, I think I want to be alone with her for a sec." I nod and sign at the nurse who is by chance walking by, she pushes me back to my own room where the others are still in. When I come in they first help me get back on my bed again. I still have a tear stained face. Everyone except Gabbie and Zane looks at me with an asking face. "We haven't told them yet. We didn't know if you wanted us to." Zane says. "Oh, well uhh." Tears are already going down my face again, I didn't even know I could cry this much. "Skye and the baby both didn't survive." I sigh. Everyone opens their mouths from shock and looks at each other not knowing what to say. Then I hear sobs from all around the room. Everyone is just crying in silence. Then Liza comes in, everyone stares at her. She's just quietly looking around. Then without saying anything she walks towards me, gets in my bed and starts sobbing on my chest. I can just feel that everyone feels bad for Liza, for us. I hold Liza as tight as I can while I try to comfort her a little. But I know that what I do doesn't help a bit. She's a mother, who lost her children, no one can comfort her right now.

A doctor walks in. "Oh, hello everyone." He says surprised that there are so many people in my room. "Liza, David. Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I'm doctor Hartley. But would you guys want to hear what happened? Why they passed away?" He says. I look at Liza and she nods. "Yea we'd like to." I say.
"You want them with you?" He looks around at everyone and we both nod again. "Ok well, Liza you maybe already realized but you were shot right in your belly and in your arm. And is it true you were trying to protect Skye?" Liza nods when the doctor asks. "We thought that cause we found you laying on her." The doctor agrees. Wait, Liza tried to save Skye? She sacrificed herself for her? I look at her and hug her tighter. "We tried to do a c-section but it was already too late. And Skye was hit right in the head, she passed away when we were trying to save her." The doctor continues. "I'm really sorry."

Liza's POV

It's 1 am. The doctors gave me an ok to go home since I'm actually okay. Except for the stitches on my belly and arm. "David I think I'm gonna go home now." I say.  "Why? You can stay here." He replies. "No, I'm sorry babe. I think I really want to sleep home tonight. I'll come back tomorrow morning." "Okay baby. I love you." "I love you too bubba." I say with a weak smile. David and I kiss and then I leave. On my way home I realize I'm exhausted, from everything.

I open the door and close it behind me. When I'm in the living room (if you don't remember look at the pictures in chapter 20) the first thing I see is toys from Skye. Then anger takes over my body. I run around the living room with tears flooding out of my eyes, just screaming and I smash, hit and torn apart everything that's in my way. I kick the glass statue that we have and it breaks apart in thousand pieces. I smash the lamp that's standing in the room. I shatter the expensive vase. I break just everything. Without me noticing Gabbie and Zane came downstairs. And just when I'm about to break our window with a chair I feel four hands on my body roughly pulling me back. I try to get out of their grip by slamming my arms around me and trying to break free. "LET ME GO!" I scream. "NOOHOO JUST LET MEEE..!!!" I'm pushed into the ground, Gabbie is holding me. She holds me really tight while I keep screaming like a little baby. "Shhh." Gabbie says still holding me down.

Gabbie's POV

Zane and me thought there was a burglar in our house. But when we came down it turned out to be Liza. I hold her down to the ground. It's horrible to see her like this. I can't even imagine what she feels like right now. Zane is just standing there with tears in his eyes, looking at me wrestling with Liza, helpless.

After 10 minutes Liza calmed down a little and her screams turned into really bad sobs. We're still laying on the ground, but I'm holding her. I'm saying it's okay, that she can cry if she wants, that it will be fine. But while I'm saying it, I know none of it is true.

AN: Heyy guysss! Wow exactly 1111 words😂😂 I know its very sad right now and you're all very mad at me... but okk hope you still liked itt byeeeee -xx-