64. Results

*2 days later*
Liza's POV

Today we would be getting David's results back. We are actually on our way to the doctors office right now.

While we're already waiting in the waiting room for like 15 minutes the doctor finally calls us in. We walk in and greet doctor Williams. We sit down behind the desk. "So David. I discussed your results and came to a conclusion. You have a weak heart. Now, this may be a shock but no need to worry. You have to take medicines and keep an eye on your heart, also make sure you don't get much stress. You have to watch out while running and working out, things like that. You can get tired faster but just pause for a sec and slow down. Then it'll be okay." He finishes and David looks at him with big eyes. I grab his hand under the table and squeeze it. He looks up at me and I just give him a nod. "Do you understand?" Doctor Williams asks. "Yes yes. I understand." David quickly says. "Okay good. I have the medicine here ready for you. When it's empty you can get new ones at the pharmacy. Take one in the morning and one in the evening." The doctor says. "Do you have any questions?" "I have one." I say. "Does he have more risks. Like when he does things, can he get heart attacks or something." "Well, he has to make sure he keeps his stress levels low. And when you notice you get tired or you feel pressure on your chest, just take a break." The doctor explains.

Doctor Williams gave David his medicines and then we left. Now we're back home. I sit on the couch with David next to me. "How are you feeling babe?" I ask him. "Do you think I could've prevented it?" David replies.

L: What do you mean?
D: I felt pressure and I was tired already a few weeks ago. If I went to the doctors before, do you think I could've prevented this, a weak heart I mean.
L: No Dave. A weak heart, you can't change that by noticing it more early.
D: Ugh, It's as if we've not had enough coming over us already.
L: Our life isn't even near the end babe. It'll be a lot more.
D: As long as its with you I'm fine with whatever happens babe.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. "I love you Dave." I say. "I love you too pookie." He says before putting his lips on mine. "So guys. How was it." Gabbie interrupts us. We pull away and face Gabbie, Mila and Zane. "I have a weak heart." David says looking down. "Oh. I'm sorry man." Zane says sitting next to David. "Do you want to tell the others?" I ask him. "Yea, let's do that. Then they'll immediately know."

Heath, Scott, Kristen, Erin, Carly, Todd, Matt, Alex and Jason just left. David and I are laying in bed. I lay with my back against him and his arms are around me. (References to chapter 24, look back if you don't get something) I look at his wrists and see the tattoos. One says Liza one says Skye. I remember the date, when David showed me he got these. It was before David was sent into the army. I see Skye's name again. I slowly rub my thumb over the name. I lay my hand on the necklace around my neck. I feel the engraves in the heart and know it says Pookie. I think about the note inside it. Suddenly all the memories flow back into my mind. I start crying.

David's POV

I'm holding Liza. Suddenly I feel her shoulders go up and down and I hear gasps and small cries. "Baby why are you crying?" I ask. "Memories David." She cries. I hold her tighter and her cries get harder. "Shh, calm down babe. It's okay." I give a kiss on the behind of her head. I turn her around so she's facing me. She looks at me with big glossy eyes. I wipe the tears off her face. I know I don't have to say anything else. Just be there. I kiss her nose. Then my hand goes behind her head and I push it near me. Her head lays in the crooked of my neck, so she's is stuck between my head and the pillow. She pulls up her knees so she's in fetus position. My left hand is still behind her head while my right hand is on her lower back slowly rubbing circles. I feel her hot breath in my neck and I slowly rock her. I just know it. This is my love.