44. Something's wrong with Skye

Liza's POV

I'm almost 8 months pregnant right now and I'm getting nervous because David still didn't wake up. I really don't want to give birth without him. I stayed with David in the hospital almost every night this last month. But tonight I stayed at our own house. It's hard for Skye, she's confused where her dad is. I brought her to the hospital once and she was so upset that I thought it was better that I wouldn't bring her anymore.

I go through my instagram cause I can't sleep, it's 4 am, when I hear someone coughing really hard. Skye has been coughing a lot lately. I get up and walk towards her room. She's still sleeping in a crib but in a bigger one, she's almost 2 years old. I bend over to grab her and get scared a little. Skye's face is red like a tomato and she's coughing like an old man. I lift her up and immediately feel she's very hot. "Oh my god baby you're not okay are you?" I ask, I see she wants to say something but she coughs again, the cough is slowly turning into a cry. "Lets get the thermometer." I say while I walk towards the bathroom. I open a drawer and get a thermometer out. I place Skye on the side of the bathtub and place the meter under her arm. We wait a few minutes and then I look at the temperature, 102.3 F. Jesus that's high, my mother instincts immediately say something's wrong. "Skye I think we have to see a doctor baby, this is not normal." I lift her up again and walk towards Gabbie. "Gabbie I'm taking Skye to the hospital. She won't stop coughing and her temperature is really high." I say. "Ow okay. Good luck." She says while changing Mila's diaper.

I walk into the ER with Skye in my arms. I go to the reception and explain what's wrong. The woman tells me to sit down and wait so I do. I sit down with Skye on my lap. After like 10 minutes of waiting a doctor comes in and asks "Liza and Skye Dobrik?" I get up and walk to the doctor. It's a little hard carrying Skye with such a big bump but I do it anyways. "Yes that's us." I say. "Ok well I'm Anthony. Please follow me." He replies and guides us to a room. I explain what's wrong. He asks a few questions.

My girl looks so little in that big bed where Anthony just placed her in to examine her. "Can you take off her shirt?" He asks me and I nod. I take off Skye's shirt as Anthony grabs a stethoscope. "I'm going to listen to your lungs ok?" He says, Skye looks at him with wide eyes and nods. He puts the stethoscope on her chest. "Can you breathe in?" He asks and Skye breaths. "Ok now out slowly." She breathes out and starts coughing.

"Hmm, ok Skye I'm gonna take some of your slime." Anthony says and Skye nods again. I see at her face she really doesn't know what's going on. He gets like a stick thing and asks Skye to open her mouth. He wipes the stick at the inside of her cheek. "Ok I'm gonna check this real quick but I think I already know what's wrong. You can wait here." I thank him and put Skye's shirt back on.

15 minutes later Anthony comes back in. "Well Skye, you have whooping cough." He says. "Seriously? What does she have to do?" I ask concerned. "Well first I'll give her a shot. We will keep her here for the night to check on her. And she has to use antibiotics." He explains. I sigh and look at Skye who still hasn't an idea of what's going on. "Ok first the shot. In her arm." He grabs an injection. Skye's eyes widen at the big needle. "I'm gonna give you a shot to get better ok Skye?" Anthony asks kindly but Skye shakes her head wildly. "Come on baby, it's ok. I'm with you." I try to calm her down. Anthony nods and softly grabs her arm, I hold Skye's other hand. He puts the needle into her arm slowly. Skye lets out a cry and looks at the doctor like he is the devil or something. "Momma!" She shrieks and after a few seconds she starts crying. I feel so bad for her. When it's finally over I hold her in my arms and tell her it's okay. Jesus, my whole family in the hospital. What a mess.

AN: hey guysss! Soo the schedule isn't going to work so I decideddd, I'm just gonna upload 3/4 times a week and idk on which days. I'm gonna surprise you with what is gonna happen in this story, something shocking is gonna happen, so stay tuneddd. -xx-