48. I need a break

Liza's POV

I wake up on the couch with arms around me. For a sec I think it's David but then I realize it's Gabbie holding me. And when I look to the other side I see Zane is laying on the couch too. I slowly get out of Gabbie's grip trying not to wake them up. Last night was fuzzy, I don't remember much but when I look around the room I see it looks like there was a tornado in here. It's one big mess. I grab the vacuum cleaner and start cleaning up. Gabbie and Zane wake up from the sound. "Hey Liza." Gabbie says while yawning. "Hey Liz. How are you feeling?" Zane asks. "Fine I think. What happened last night? Why are we all on the couch?" I ask confused. "Well you were so upset and it took us a while to calm you down. And eventually we all fell asleep on the couch." Gabbie explains.

*3 days later*

I thought a lot last days, just about everything. And I decided something.

"Hey Dave, I need to talk to you." I say to David, who is still in the hospital. "Is something wrong?" He replies. "

L: Well, I decided that I need a break.
D: What?
L: I just need a break from everything here. So I contacted my friends in Spain and I told them everything that happened and well...
D: What is it?
L: I'm going to Spain for a while. A close friend offered me her place, so I can stay there. I'm going max 2 months.
D: ...
L: What do you think?
D: Liza you need to do what makes you feel good right now. But do you also want a break between us?
L: No David, I love you. I don't want us to break up. But, I understand if you can't be without someone for 2 months so I'm giving you a chance now. I'm going and if you want to stop us for a while it's okay.
D: No Liza. I love you too. I don't want to be with someone else. Sure I'm gonna miss you, but if this is what you need right now, do it.
L: I love you babe.
D: I love you too.

We share a passionate kiss. I get sparks in my whole body while our tongues slowly move together. After a few moments we stop and rest our heads against each other's. "I'm gonna miss you babe." David whispers. "I'm gonna miss you too." I reply. "When are you leaving?" "In 3 days." David suddenly pulls his head away. "That's quick." He says. "I know." I sit on my chair again still holding David's hand.

David's POV

I don't know what I have to think about it. But I know she's in pain, inside. And if this is what's she needs right now, she has to do it. On the other side, I'm hurt too. And I think especially in this time we need each other. Skye's funeral is this evening. I'm already preparing in my head...