45. There were shots

2 weeks later
David's POV

I slowly open my eyes. Wow, I finally did it. I thought I was gonna die. Wait am I dead? I look around, no I'm alive, kinda. Then I realize something, I have a huge tube in my mouth. I try to breath and gag immediately. I'm choking! I see the red bottom at the controller next to my hand. I try to lift up my hand but fail. Shit I need to do something, I keep gagging. I finally get my pinky up to the bottom and press it. A few moments later a nurse comes in and sees me choking. "Mr Dobrik breathe out when I'm on three." She says while she grabs the tube. "One, two, three." I breathe out and she pulls the tube out of my mouth. I gag one more time and then catch my breath. She places a oxygen tube by my nose instead. "I'll let someone call your wife." She walks into the hallway and says something to someone. "How do you feel hun?" She asks when she comes back in. "Everything hurts. It feels like I've been laying under a rock for years." I reply. "I'll give you some painkillers and then do some quick tests." She gets a liquid out of a drawer on the wall and puts it in my drip. "Okay dear let me feel your arms and legs. She lays her hands on different parts of my body and asks if I can feel it. All my answers are yes. "Can you lift your legs up?" She asks. I try but fail, it feels like my body is too tired to do it. "Well you didn't lose feeling so that's a good sign. When you're stronger you will just have to learn to use them again." Then Liza storms in. "David!" She cries while running towards me and holding me tight. Then Gabbie comes in carrying Skye and Zane carrying Mila. "David!" Gabbie yells putting Skye on the bed and giving me a hug. "Yo man I'm so glad you're okay." Zane says, giving me a manly hug. Then I look at Skye, she's looking back at me with wide eyes. "Hey beanie! How are you doing?" I ask. Everyone is looking at her wondering what she's going to do. After some more moments of just staring at me it looks like she suddenly just gets it. "Dadda!" She yells and embraces me in her arms. She holds me tight and kisses me. "Careful babe, dad has a bit of pain in his back." I say. "I luf you dadda!" She says. "I love you too sweetie, soo much!" She gets off the bed and I turn to Liza. "And how are you babe?" I ask her. "I'm fine, I'm just really glad you're okay." She hugs me again. "And how's this one doing?" I say laying my hand on her belly. "She's doing great! Just 2 more weeks!" "I love you so much Liza." I say while I pull her back into a hug again. "I love you too bubba."

Liza's POV

After half an hour Heath, Scotty, Kristen, with Liam, Erin, Carly, Todd, Jason and Alex have come into the room too. Gabbie suggests to get food for all of us. "Liza and me will go." She says.

Skye: I want too!

L: no babe you can just wait with dad and the other people.

S: No I want to go!

G: Let her come if she really wants to.

L: Fine, come on Skye.

Gabbie, Skye and me go to the tiny supermarket at the corner of the street where the hospital is.

When we're in the store a man in black comes in and slams the door. Everyone is immediately looking at him. He comes to the middle of the shop, right where we 3 are. He suddenly gets a gun from behind. "All on the ground!" He yells and everyone obeys. He's so close to us. I'm holding Skye with my life and look at Gabbie, she looks back to me and thinks what I'm thinking. The man starts shooting across the shop. There's people screaming everywhere and in a motherly reflex I try to protect Skye with everything I have. The man comes even closer to us and looks me straight in the eyes. Then I recognize him. He starts shooting again and not much later

it went black for me.