37. Babies

AN: Heyy I'm gonna upload two short chapters todayy! Enjoyy -xx-

______________________
David's POV

I sit down and Gabbie pats my back. "Should I call the others?" She asks. "I shake my head. "I don't think Liza wants to be surrounded by people after the operation. You can send a message in the group chat." Gabbie nods and does what I say.

40 minutes later the doctor comes into the waiting room. "David." He says and I get up. "I have kinda good news. As I said one baby died, the other one luckily survived. And Liza will be ok." The doctor says. "Ok thank you. Can I see Liza?" "Yea she's in room 431, you can see her but she isn't awake yet." "Okay thanks." I walk towards the room Liza's in. On my way there I start thinking. I'm relieved but also sad, Liza lost only one baby but, she lost a baby so I don't think I should feel happy. Is Skye gonna have a sister or a brother. What would it be like if we really had the twins. I feel so bad, also for Liza. I know she is going to blame herself for this.

I enter Liza's room. She lays there in a grown, a tube with oxygen by her nose. I sit down next to her and hold her hand. I place my other hand at her belly and slowly massage it. So now there's only one left inside. I make a promise to myself that I will protect this baby with my life. I caress Liza's belly some more until the doctor comes back in. "David. I have a question for you. You can see the baby that passed away if you want to." I doubt for a sec and look at Liza. She's still unconscious. "Yea I'd like to." I say then.

The doctor guides me to a room and lets me in. "You can just leave whenever you want to." He tells me and then leaves. I look at the baby in a really small baby hospital bed. The baby is wrapped it a white towel and lays under a little blanket. I walk closer and slowly lift up the blanket. It's a boy.