81. Gender

Liza's POV

Today we're going to the doctors office to check on the baby and to find out it's gender. David's going with me... He fucked up really bad. I hate him but I love him so much. I will always love him. But I can't forgive him that fast for forgetting me and letting me down that easily. I don't think I can ever forgive him.

"Ready?" David asks while he starts his car. "I think so." I reply looking out the window. I see David smiling from the corner of my eye.

David's POV

We arrive at the office. Liza checks in and we both sit down in the waiting room.

We get called in and after some questions Liza lays down on the table. The doctor pulls up her shirt and the bump, who's slowly getting bigger, shows up. I smile at the thought of my baby being in there. The doctor applies gel to Liza's belly and starts rubbing the ultrasound machine on it. I see Liza look up at me and smile. When I look down at her she quickly turns her head.  I frown and look back at the screen.

Liza's POV

"Well guys. You wanna know the gender right?" We both nod. "It's going to be a boy!" She practically yells. I look up at David and see tears in his eyes. "I'm finally gonna have a son..." he says with still watery eyes. I think back at the time I lost our son, how heartbroken David was. I smile at the fact that I'm finally giving him what he wants. I blink with my eyes to get the thought out of my head. He doesn't deserve it, but he does... Jesus I need to make up my mind.

*timelapse*

We get home and David closes the door behind me. I sit down on the couch and lay my hands on my belly. I suddenly feel something move. The baby is moving and kicking. Oh I missed this feeling so much. David sees my face and asks what's up. I hesitate a moment but tell him to sit next to me. When he does I grab his hand and place it on my belly. "Feel it?" I ask. David slowly nods. He bends over a bit and gives my belly a kiss.

No ones POV

When David sits up their faces are an inch away from each other. Liza looks at his lips and David looks at hers. They both feel the tension growing. They missed this so much. Their lips almost touch and need for each other grows. David slowly lays his hands on Liza's sides and pulls her closer, she doesn't resist. Staring into each other's eyes they get lost in the moment, just like how it used to be. They feel each other's breath. This, this is what they both want. They know it, and they feel it. This is how it's supposed to be. Liza and David. Together. But when David pushes his lips on Liza's, she snaps back into reality. She quickly pulls away and pulls David's hands off of her. "Ehh I gotta go." She says and speeds out of the room.

They both knew it.

But it didn't happen.