85. The ending

Liza's POV

"And these, these are the reasons why It Will Be Us. Forever and always."

"That's the end of the book. Do you remember it again?" I ask. "I think so. We had a pretty good life huh?" David asks. "Yea we had." It's the 30th time I've read the book about our lives that David wrote and published years ago. It included everything. From Skye to Jayden, to getting married and breaking up. But, he forgets everything, it's because of the Alzheimer's. It started when he was 83. Now, a year later, we're both 84 and it's not gonna be long until it's over. I've been with David almost my whole life, and I'm not going to live without him. I already decided that when it turned out he was not going to survive. "You're Liza right?" David asks for the 4th time today. "Yes babe I am." "I love you." He says with a smile. "I love you too."

"Do you wanna go to our special place?" I ask. It's the one place David keeps remembering while he doesn't remember anything else. "Yea sure." He says getting up.

We get to the park next to a huge bridge. We both sit down. Sometimes David has times where he's clear and it seems like nothing is wrong. When that happens he remembers everything, usually it won't stay long and in a few moments he asks who I am again. But I think he has a clear moment right now. "It's always pretty here." He says. "Yea it is." I shake my hand through his grey hair. " You remembered what happened here?" I ask. "I think so. Our very first kiss right?" I smile at him. "Yes that's right. We just discussed we didn't have feelings for each other and then you suddenly kissed me." I laugh. "You were just too pretty for me to handle. Then we decided we were friends with benefits. Right?" David replies, I nod. "When do you think it's gonna end?" I randomly ask. "What do you mean?" David asks back. "I mean, this, our lives. When is it gonna stop." I say. "For me it's gonna end earlier than for you." "I don't wanna live without you." I answer tearing up a little. "We can decide when it's over." He tells me.

"Come on Liza I wanna show you something." David says getting up and helping me get up. We walk towards the bridge. It's really high above the water. I stand against the railing, David next to me. "See that building?" David asks. When I nod he goes on. "On that building was the huge billboard with your face on it. You played the main role in that big movie." He says. "You remember?" I ask surprised. "Of course I remember. Me and Jayden and everyone else were so proud of you!" I turn around to the side and look him in the eyes. "When do you want it to end?" I ask. "I don't know. But I don't wanna die when I don't remember you." He says with a sad face. "I don't want you to die when you don't remember me." I say. "I remember you now." He suddenly answers looking over the railing. "What do you mean?" "We can decide when it's gonna end. I mean what do we have to lose." He says and I grab his hands. I slowly nod at him and he nods back. We climb over the railing and stand on the side. "Are you sure?" I ask him. "Nothing's sure. The only thing I know for sure is that I won't remember you again in a few more moments." He replies. "I love you David." "I love you too pookie." I give him a kiss while I'm being too scared to move. This bridge is really high. "Ready?" "Ready." David looks at me one more time. "I'll see you soon Liza."

"Take my hand babe. We're doing this together. It Will Be Us. Forever."

Elizabeth Shaila Dobrik 1996-2080

David Julian Dobrik 1996-2080

AN: Well, that's it guys... this was the book. Thanks everyone for everything this book has become, I really didn't think it was going to be good or get readers. But people seem to read it/ like it😂 A one shot book will come. I don't exactly know when, because I'll be taking a short break. But I'll post it on here when it's up. I love you guys all soo much and thanks for everything!

Anything else to add?