~5~

Elena laid back on my bed as I worked on my eyeshadow.

"I'm so tired," she whined. "I guess you're regretting going to the silo last night," I said jokingly. "I am. A little. But not a lot," she smirked.

"Dammit," I said under my breath as I wiped the inner corner of my eye with a makeup wipe. "Why'd you do that?" she asked behind me. "I messed up the shimmer shade," I said, restarting on that eyelid completely. "You're crazy. What time are you supposed to meet Kai? What if you're late?" I asked.

"I meet him in an hour at the orchestra hall," I said, "I gave myself time, don't worry."

"I can worry," she said, "you've never really been with a guy. I'm scared you'll mess up something."

"I won't mess up anything! I know enough!"

"But you stutter. And you get nervous hella fast. I was surprised you didn't mess up with the TFIL guys," she said. I tapped the brush on the pallet, "They're easy to talk to. They carry the conversation."

"Damn right about that," she smiled. "You have a boyfriend," I said. "Yeah, but I don't really know anymore. He's still mad over last night," she said. "That doesn't mean you're broken up," I said, turning to her with the eyeliner brush in my hand. "You know Hayden. He's going to be mad for a while and he'll probably break up with me. Then I could go do videos with the TFIL boys without any reprecussions."

"They all have girlfriends, I'm sure," I said, crossing my arms.

"Not Colby," she smirked.

"That's not okay, Elena," I laughed nervously. "Maybe you're right. But a girl can dream. They're all hotter than Hayden, so you kinda have to cut me some slack," she said, walking out of my room and to the living room. "Yeah, yeah."

She's always been like that. You could call her loyal, she really is, but she'll look and talk to other guys in person no problem. That's the problem- she's always "dreaming".

I walked to my closet and laid out a few outfits. This is finally my chance. I mean, a cute ass guy is finally interested in me and not one of my friends.

"Elena, come here," I called. She walked in and looked at her options. "Don't seem to excited. Just go with what you'd normally wear but a little more," she said, pointing at a shirt and a cardigan I'd put together. "You got it. Thanks," I said as she sat on my bed. "Just doing what best friends do," she said.

I smiled and changed my clothes, stopping in the mirror to get a good look. "You look hot. I don't see you this done-up very often," she said, standing beside me. "You should start dressing up more often."

"I like what I wear now," I said. "Yeah, I do too. It works well for you. But you look like a different person," she said. "Maybe that's not what I want," I stuck my tongue out at her and went into the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror.

"I'm just saying, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you tried a little harder."

"Try hard or sleep, I choose the ladder. Maybe if Kai starts taking more interest in me. But we're still friends at this point, and what I'm doing is the "friendly" thing to do," I said, pulling my hair over one shoulder and walking around her.

I walked around her and into the main living room of our apartment. "I'm going to leave then," I said. "Good luck!" she smiled and gave me a quick hug. "Love you!"

"I love you too," I laughed and hugged her back. "Bye," she called, "don't say or do anything stupid."

"This is just studying and getting coffee!" I called back from the door, putting my headphones in my ears for my walk. "It's how it all starts!"

I know we're over thinking this, but c'mon. When you've never been in a real relationship before, and one of the hottest guys you've ever met asks you to coffee, wouldn't you get excited?