~78~

There will be two chapters posted today. That way y'all can have a thanksgiving chapter. Happy thanksgiving, I most Thankful for you guys!

I walked into my room to change clothes. I asked Colby to take me to the school, that way I could be truly left alone with the one thing that never hurt me.

Colby stood at the door way as I took out just a hoodie and jeans. He didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say to make me feel better. And I get to be upset. I'm not upset that it happened, I'm just upset he didn't tell me sooner. I walked to the door and shut it so I could change. I can forgive him, but I can be mad.

I took my music back and my wallet and threw it over my shoulder as I went to leave. "Rose," He said from behind me as I walked to the door. "What?" I asked as I opened the front door and went out.

"Let me take you out for dinner later, okay?" He asked. He took my hand, and I sighed as I let him. "Okay?" He asked again. "Yeah," I said softly. It was awkward, for the first time, between us. In the hospital, he leaned over and kissed my cheek, and without much of my consent he pulled me into a hug by my neck. I sighed and hugged him back, letting my face bury into his shoulder.

His hand rested on my head and he kissed my forehead. "Where can I take you tonight? You pick," He said and let go of me and took my hand to lead me out to his car. I could go for some food that'll go straight to my ass (which might not be a bad thing). "I want to go to Chick-Fil-A," I said. "We'll figure it out from there."

He chuckled. "Chick-Fil-A it is."

He opened the passenger side door for me and shut it behind me then got in beside me. He leaned over and kissed me softly.

And I let him.

He smiled at me when he pulled away and kissed me again. I pulled away and said, "Okay, okay. Let's go," I said. I still had so many unanswered questions. I looked over at him and asked, "What did you and her have?" I asked suddenly.

He was quiet for a second. "It was nothing. We talked for a little while, she told me she liked me, we went to dinner once. Kissed once. It was right after the makeup prank on Corey, I had feelings for you then but I convinced myself you wouldn't want me that way... I'm rambling. I cut it off after a week or two after the Kai situation because I realized I had a chance with you. The whole time, I only had real feelings for you. She would've been a fling like the other girls I've "dated", I wouldn't have made her my girlfriend like I did you."

I looked over at him. It was nothing because he loves you. I gave him a small smile and looked down at my feet. "And I love you," He said, "I'll say it as many times as it takes for you to believe me."

He drove towards the school and I unbuckled my seat belt. "Two hours?" I asked. "Yep. I'll pick you in two hours," he repeated. Knowing him he'll be waiting in one.

He kissed me, told me he loved me, then let me leave. I walked into the music wing and into the orchestra hall where the piano is. "Miss Rose," I heard the familiar accented voice of Mr. Ling behind me. I smiled wide at him. "Yes?"

He seemed nervous. "I need the biggest favor on God's green earth," he said. I turned towards him and nodded. "Alright... What is it?" I asked. He opened his briefcase and took out a music score. A new assignment? But it's almost winter break, which means the winter concert is in only... three weeks.

He handed me the score and I flipped it over. "How fast can you learn a new instrument?" He asked with a convincing smile. "Depends on the instrument," I said. "The organ."

An Organ?

The main concert hall, one I've only performed in once for my last concert, has an organ. But Mr. Ling said it doesn't work.

I looked down at the score title, and it said in a bold font: THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

The Phantom of the Opera! He wants me to play organ for The Phantom of the Opera? "Why do you want me to play this part?" I asked.

"We had a professional playing with the choir kids, the ones studying professional music. It's their senior debuts. The guy threw a fit and backed out!" He said and huffed like a child.

"Men," I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "Right."

I smiled at him. "Well of course I'll do it, I've wanted a new assignment for a while now," I said. He hugged me tight. "Thank you," he said. "The choir director is so mad at me."

"I only have one question though, how do I practice?" I asked softly. "I think I know," he said and walked towards an old storage closet.

He unlocked it and dig inside for a minute. "Here we go. Help me with this," he said and passed a long box towards me. It reminded me of my birthday when I was given a keyboard. That was a great day.

He handed me two boxes and two stands. "Let's set it up," he said. We put the electric organ together and put a bench in front of it. I placed the score on the stand and smiled. It has most of the songs in it, the first one was the main theme. I played the iconic chorus, sight reading.

He handed me a schedule. "Practice hard," He said, "these are the practice dates with the rest of the pit orchestra. Thank you for this, Miss Rose."

I practiced for the two hours then went outside. In close parking spot I spotted Colby, who was watching the baseball team practice at the field, was leaning against his car, with a bouquet of irises in his hand.