~37~

OKAY BABES, for those of you who didn't know I've been in NYC for a while, since Saturday, so that's why there hasn't been a chapter! I really enjoyed it and sorry for not posting!

I woke up from texts from Elena.

"Hey, when are you coming home?"

Ten minutes later:

"Roseeeee? Where are you?"

Thirty minutes after that:

"I'm going to call the police if you don't answer."

Then a missed call, eight of them to be exact.

"Rose?" Colby asked sleepily as he looked at me from where he laid. I looked over at him as I sat up. "Yeah?"

He rubbed is eye and looked at the time. "It's still early. Let's go back to bed," he said as he took my hand and tugged on it for me to lay down. I sighed and laid next to him again. It was about six am, and class was at eight.

I forgot about Colby's plans to come watch rehearsal today.

He laid on his side facing me and wrapped one arm around me as he pulled me closer. "Colby, I have to leave for class soon," I whispered, letting him wrap his arms around me. "We have to leave soon. Don't think I've forgotten about going with you," he said, eyes still closed.

"Colby, I could get in-"

"If anyone would get in trouble, it'd be me, and I could care less. No one hurts you and gets away with it," he said shifting his arms to be more comfortable around me.

"I know but... it's going to start a lot of trouble," I said as I looked at the ceiling.

"I have to protect you, and your honor, Rose. Guys talk, I should know, I am one. I don't want him to start saying you guys did anything," he said. I can protect my own honor, but I liked what he was doing for me.

What am I saying, I wouldn't have the guts to protect my own honor.

"If you say so..." I say softly, "I should go home though, change clothes. Put makeup on." He shifted, getting more comfortable next to me. "No..." he whined, "But Rose, it's so comfortable..." he pulled tighter to me, already knowing I was going to try and stand up.

I laughed a bit. "Colby, I really have to go," I said as I looked over at him. He was looking at me, smiling now. "Fine then. Let me come with you."

Elena will be home. An alarm rang in my head.

"I don't know..." I said as I turned to face him.

"Elena?" He asked, reading my mind. I nodded. He sat up and stretched. "Don't worry, I'll handle her," he said as he stood up to change clothes, "I'll drive."

I stood up as well, looking to where my top had been drying. It was still pretty wet. I sighed. "Guess I'll borrow this again," I said as I tugged at Colby's shirt I was wearing.

"Don't worry about it. Like I said, it looks good you," he smiled at me, starting to walk to me. I subconsciously.

"Well let's hurry, i might be late," I say as I turn and go towards the door. "Do you think anyone's awake?" I asked quietly as I twisted the doorknob to open it and peeled out. "Definitely not, why?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"I don't want people to get the wrong idea," I said as I stepped out, putting my phone in my backpocket.

"What idea would they get?" He asks as he follows me down the hall and down the stairs. "That we're... together," I said, almost not saying the last word. Colby clicked his tongue and said, "What would be so wrong with that?"

"I don't want people to think something that isn't true," I said. "When are you going to stop caring about what everyone thinks?"

I pause, not sure how to react to that. "I don't care what everyone thinks..." I say, starting to realize that maybe it was true. "Yeah you do, Rose," he said as he walked past me and opened the door, but waited for me to go through first. I nodded a thanks to him.

"Maybe I do," I say softly. "Can't... you try to give me a chance?" He asked, so hesitantly it sounded like he already knew the answer.

"A chance for what...?" I asked as I looked out the window. "To be with you, Rose," he said, now that we were at a red light, he looked at me but I looked away. "I.. don't know. I need to focus on music," I said without thinking.

My heart was beating so fast it was hard to breathe. What did he mean by that? Like he wants us to be together? Of course not, like Elena said: "you're not the kind of girl Colby would go for," and she's right. You aren't, so why are you getting excited over this? He'd just hurt you!

"You don't sound so sure," Colby said as he looked over at me. "Well I'm not... so sure," I say softly as I kept looking out the window. Avoid his eyes, and it's like he's not there. I won't see his emotions if I don't se his eyes.

"We can try, can't we?"

"I don't know. I'm a little overwhelmed right now... with Kai... and school and... all of it."

Out of curiosity I looked over, and I immediately saw guilt turn in his eyes. "Oh, Rose... I'm so sorry I didn't mean-"

"I know," I interrupted him, "You would never hurt me." Yeah, if only you believed that, Rose.

We pulled up to my apartment complex and I stepped out. "Want me to stay in the car or come with?" He asked as he opened the door and stood up. "Come. That way she doesn't think I slept with Kai," I said softly as I started walking to the doors.

He laughed a bit. "Got it."

We walked to the elevators and rode up, and as I went to go unlock the door I had sinking feeling in my stomach. Even so, I unlocked the door and opened it.

There was Hayden.

Shirtless, only in his boxers.

He looked like he'd been up all night. Just as he looked up at me from our fridge, Elena came out of her room half dressed, wearing some lacy black matching set. We all froze.