~64~

I PROMISE I LOOK BETTER IN PERSON! I was sweaty and nervous and oh my god best day of my life guys *shrieks*. I'll include a better picture of me not crying eventually...

AND YAY @Pray_For_The_Weirdo got the reference from last chapter! I didn't think anyone would. I don't talk about it much but I play violin and got a lot of inspiration from "Your Lie and April" so saying, "Will it Reach them?" Seemed appropriate in a chapter about music and loss... i | i n | I I | i _ | (see if anyone gets that. ALSO, the posting schedule may change again soon.

"Oh, Ms. Rose!" Mr. Ling cried as he through his arms around my neck. Is he crying? "You're so good, such an outstanding musician! Never stop playing, for me! I'm so glad to say I taught you!" He said excitedly, but crying. I smile and hugged him back. He must not have cared about the noise level rule of etiquette...

I smile, I was crying too. Kai stood behind him and grinned at me. "Never cease to amaze me, Rosie," he says and gives me a hug as well. It's genuine. I trust it. So I hugged him back too.

I turned back to the concert, smiling as the crowd came down from their last outstanding performance. That wasn't an illusion. Not a hallucination or a dream- though I do feel like I could wake up at any moment- Momma was here. She listened to me. She's proud. She could feel it.

Colby. I get to see Colby soon. I can picture it already, we'll hug, then go out to eat... probably go back to the mansion and get ready for this party... that I'm not sure how to feel about.

I've never been to hardcore parties, always get-togethers with low music playing in the back ground and food. I never really talked either, just listened.

I listen to the next few performances and smile, happy with my own. Happy that my mother had heard me.

The final curtain comes and with the other three soloists, I go out onto the stage and take a long bow. I look over at the other two girls, an oboe and a viola, just smiling as they look at the crowd.

The viola girl looks back at me and smiles. "We did it, Rose!" She says excitedly. I don't know her name.

I keep my bag with me and stay in my dress before going down the side steps and going out of an empty hallway. "Rose, Kayla and I are going out to eat with some friends to celebrate after the lobby, want to come?" The girl I don't know asked. I paused for a moment, then said, "I think I'll have to pass. My boyfriend and I have plans today," I say softly, pushing my now messy hair behind my ear.

"Oh. Well we should go out again sometime," she says with a smile and I turn to go to the door.

I walk out into the crowded lobby and look around for Colby. This is the time that a lot of scouts approach the musicians with some offers, but that wasn't on my mind right now. I'm ready to see Colby.

"Hey, gorgeous," I heard a voice behind me say. I smiled, an excited, ear-to-ear smile. Colby stood there, wearing a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I'm glad he was smart enough to dress nicely. I didn't even know he had clothes like this.

He held out his arms to me. "I missed you," he said as he waited for me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, finally tall enough to hug him without standing on my toes. Well, not technically.

I felt his arms tighten around my waist as he lifted me up a little as he hugged me. "Damn, have you been eating?" He asked through a chuckle. I pulled away a bit, my arms still around his neck. "I'm always eating," I giggle.

He leaned in to kiss me when there was suddenly another voice. "Ms. Romano, isn't it?" the man asked with a smile. I let go of Colby quickly just as he nervously shoved his hands in his pockets. Was he embarrassed?

"Yes, sir. Please call me Rose," I said with a smile as I shook his hand. An offer?

I hadn't expected an offer. "My colleagues and I were amazed by your performance, Ms. Rose."

Just call me Rose.

I felt my cheeks get hot. "T-Thank you," I stutter a bit, just as I feel Colby's hand slide into mine and intertwine our fingers.

The man noticed. He smiled at the both of us.

The man is old. He's balding, but he has some white hair left. By the look of his hands, I can tell he's played instruments all his life. Maybe violin. Or trombone. Who knows. He was short as well, my height, which is already short, even for a girl. His voice was silky but a little worn due to his age. A cute old man.

"Is this your boyfriend?" He asked, looking at Colby. I nodded a little as Colby squeeze my hand. He looks Colby up and down, almost as if he's sizing him up. He goes to shake Colby's hand as well. "Good on you, sir. Something tells me a girl like Rose Romano is a "once in a hundred years" kind of girl. My teacher told me that about my wife," he said. "Hold on to her."

Colby got a little more comfortable, taking his hand away and putting it on my waist. He smiled and gave that little giggle he has when he's embarrassed, "Yes, sir. I figured out the "once in a hundred years" part the second I met her."

He pulled me closer but didn't look down at me. Casual professionality. That's my Colby.

"Anyway, Ms. Rose, be expecting a call from my superiors very soon. I think all of my fellow scouts will be recommending you as well," he said with a small wave. I nodded. "I never got your name," I said softly. "Gerald Brown."

He walked away and Colby turned to me, placing both his hands on my waist again. He looked around for a second, then said, "Well that's almost an offer. I bet you'll get a lot more, your name, phone number, and email address were in the program."

I smiled up at him. "I hope so," I said, then asked, "Were you serious about what you said?"

"About the hundred years thing?"

I nodded.

"Of course. I am the one who's gonna fall in love with you, Rose," he said, then pulled me closer and kissed me.