~44~

Sorry babes... I'm kinda going through a rough patch right now. But I don't want you guys to worry, because I know I got all the babes and Colby Brock to make me feel better :). Thank you guys for reading, always!

I sat in the back seat next to Colby and Sam and Kat sat in the front. Sam glanced at Colby in the rear view mirror. I don't think I was supposed to see, but I did.

Colby reached over and rolled my window down. His nails are painted. That's weird but oddly attractive. He leaned into my ear. "Let loose, Rose. You'll have fun if you do," he said loud enough I could hear him over the wind.

Kat smiled and rolled her window down as well, then Sam and Colby. Sam reached over and turned the music up loud, almost all the way. It was some song with an addicting instrumental and a good singer, the typical yet always rewarding music style.

Colby hand slid onto my thigh and he smiled at me as he rubbed it with his thumb. I liked that too. He started to sing- no, scream- the lyrics. He was trying to make me laugh, make me happy, I knew it. And it did. I laughed along with him and sang the words as well, since everyone knew the song that was months old and still popular, the song that ticked like a clock.

I stuck my hand out the window and let the wind blow against my hand as we sang. The smell of salt water filled my nose and could feel loose grains of sand scratch my face, but it felt good. I smiled as I looked over at Colby who was already looking at me, and a larger smile creeped onto his face as he looked me.

I held my hair down, and we sang all the way to the beach, where we still got weird looks from the locals. Sam turned the engine off and stood up, stretching. "Pretty day," he said while he stretched. It was pretty. It was cloudless and the wind was just so that the hot California sun didn't bother me so bad.

Kat laid out her towel and I followed her lead. I let my skin burn, remembering the place Colby's hand sat on me for a while.

She laid on her stomach as the guys disappeared to do their own thing. "Rose, I need a favor," she said as she smiled at me. "What kind of favor?" I said as I laughed softly. "I want you to do a video with me. A cover. You play piano? I'd upload it to YouTube."

I laughed and said without thinking, "That sounds fun. What song?"

"There's this band called Goose House. And they did an English version of their song Sky, and it's really good. I'll send you the sheet music, what's your number?"

I looked over her shoulder as I gave her my number. She looked at me and smirked. "And... since Sam won't talk... can I ask you something?" She asked as she turned to me. I laughed, somewhat nervously, and said, "Sure, What is it?"

She laid back on her towel, putting her sunglasses on. "Are you and Colby dating?" She asked as let the sun tan her.

I wasn't sure how to answer that, so I laid back. "Kind Of," I said,  I Which I guess was true. I think Colby wanted to, so he wouldn't mind me saying that, right?

"Kind of?" She asked curiously. I just laughed. "He's taking me out soon. Apparently we aren't "dating" unless we go on a date. Do you know anything about it?" I asked as I looked over at her from where I laid. She shook her head. "No. Sorry, but I asked Sam about it and he wouldn't talk," she said as she laughed.

I figured I probably wouldn't know anything until we're actually on the trip. I glanced over and saw that Sam was taking a picture of Colby. Probably for his instagram. I've seen his account before. No wonder he has so many fangirls.

Kat got up to go take pictures with Sam and Colby came to me. "How do you think I'd look with a tattoo?" He said as he sat down next to me. I looked over at him and laughed a bit, "That depends," I said. He sarcastically pointed to his face. "Right here, of course," he said and laughed, then pointed to the back of his lower neck. "I don't know what I should get," he said as he put his arm around me and looked up at Sam and Kat.

I thought for a second. "What about the XPLR logo? The 'X'?" I asked as I looked over at him. He smiled. "That's a good idea. I like that," he said as he looked at me and smirked.

I just chuckled and looked out at the ocean and the sand, Sam and Kat in the corner of my eye, when he turned my face and kissed me gently, then pulled away smiling at me.

I just rolled my eyes sarcastically but smiled. "What would Elena say if she knew?" He asked.

I wish I could answer that question.

I wish I was brave enough to find out.