~27~

REALLY on time today...

I sat next to Elena, across from Corey. Corey smiled at me. "Just in case I didn't tell you earlier, you're an amazing pianist," he said with a gentle voice.

I laughed a bit at that. "Thanks again."

Katrina looked at me and smirked. "We need to do a video together sometime," she said. "Like an Instagram video?" Sam asked.

Katrina nodded. "Duh! I think people would like it. Rose and I," she said as she looked at me, "you can play, I can sing. You're obviously a better pianist than I am."

I shook my head. "I don't believe in people being better than others. I mean, someone can have better skills but that doesn't make them any different from someone with lesser skills, but who loves it just as much."

Katrina smiled at that. "Good thinking. I'll keep that as the caption for the video."

Elena laughed at that. "Let me be the first to see."

I looked at my plate and took a bite of my salad. I ate quietly, listening to Jake, Elena, and Corey's conversation about some white girl who thought she was a gangster.

I laugh softly as the decide who's the best, Woah Vicky, Lil Tay, or the original- Danielle Bregoli. If you ask me, she's the least annoying out of all of them. And that's like being the tallest dwarf.

I took a sip of water when Colby caught my eye. He smirked and lifted up his phone, giving it a slight shake, telling me to check my phone. I swallow the water as I nod and take my phone out of my back pocket. "How does 11pm sound?" He had texted me.

"Sounds good." I texted back. Elena saw me on my phone and elbowed me. "Kai?" She sang, smirking. I laughed a little. "Yeah," the lie rolled off my tongue so easily it scared me.

She smiled softly at me. "Make sure to tell them you're at Coachella in a huge mansion!" She said with a smile.

Sam looked at us. "Who is Kai?" He asked as he laughed with us. "Kai is Rose's cr-" I elbowed her as hard as I could in her ribs.

"My friend from orchestra," I said as I laughed it off.

"You're not missing anything big for orchestra, are you?" Corey asked, "I would hate for you to be missing while you play like you do."

I shook my head. "No, our concert is in a few weeks," I said. "And I have my music memorized."

Elena smiled at me. "That's my girl. Rose is by far the best pianist that ever touched that school."

"I'll drink to that!" Aaron said as he lifted his long neck up. He was already drinking, and I found that funny. It was about eight o'clock now, which isn't early but it's not exactly late.

Elena and I finished before everyone else and we went upstairs. "What are we wearing tomorrow?" I asked as I sat down on the bed we would share.

She smiled wide at me. "I know exactly what I'm putting you in," she said as she went to the closet she had already packed her and my own clothes into.

She pulled out a Black with white patterned romper. "Try this on," she commanded with a laugh. I held my hands up in surrender. "You got it, boss."

She smiled as she put her hands on her hips and turned back to the closet to pick out what she was going to wear.

I did as she said, and it was small. It was designed to be that way. I rigged it down to cover parts of my ass I didn't want to be seen, and the V neck was very low, low enough for my cleavage to show, and I didn't trust the spaghetti straps.

"Elena..." I say softly. She already knew what I was going to say and took a pink cardigan that was loose. "Here. You'll like this much better," she said as she helped me put it on. It hung on one of my shoulders, but covered enough.

I smiled at the sight in the mirror. Even if I was self conscious about some parts, I liked the way it flattered me...

Elena took the rubber band that held up half of my hair out and shook my long brown waves out and put my side part back. "Maybe subtle makeup? A neutral lip," she said as she looked at my reflection as well. "Maybe some black wedges I made sure to bring just for you."

I smiled. "Yeah, that seems nice."

"You're so beautiful, Rose," she said softly. I looked at her. "Yeah, Yeah, Thank you."

"You know who you look like?" She asked softly. I shook my head.

"Your mother."

Those two words were enough to make me tear up. She looked at me, one hand on her hip. "I can't wait to see who lands such an amazing woman," she said as she walked away to the closet. "You can Change out of that. I don't know about you but I'm going to sleep," she said as she laid back on the bed.

I changed into night clothes now as well, and laid down next to her and turned the light off. She flipped over, but I stayed awake and patiently waited until 11pm.