~82~

I love fan fiction and I love this one. But I think after this I want to take a gamble and write and publish a real story. Like long once a week chapters... more than just 1000 words. It's my dream to be an author, and I think I want to see what my real book could do. I've written many books, and I think I want to write a dystopian/fantasy novel... or maybe one about war. Would you guys still read it?

I laid my head on Colby's chest, we were laying on a blanket in Cavenaugh, right below a hole in the ceiling so we could see the stars.

Colby gently rubbed his hand up and down my back, we never had to talk. We could just lay like this and it would be fine.

"You know... now that you wear my promise ring..." he started to say, and it felt loud since the only thing occupying the sound around us was the ocean. "Do you think we'll actually get married?" He asked. "I hope so," I whisper, and it's true. I do want to marry Colby and I'm certain that he does too.

"Then I guess I better start looking for a realtor," he said with a chuckle. I looked up at him and pulled myself closer. "Why?"

"I want to buy this house," he chuckles. "Fix it up. I always had a college savings fund I never used. And I'm not a millionaire but I'm not poor," he said. "Whenever we're married, and we're ready, we can buy this place. Fix it up. Grow old in it," he said. "That's what I've wanted to do since I first came here, right when Sam and I moved to Los Angeles. This place isn't even in any sights, I just found it when I was trying to get lost. I knew it would make it my home, but I wanted it to be our home. I just didn't have anyone to make the my into an our." That provoked a chuckle out of me.

"What?" He asked with a smile as he looked down at me. "Nothing," I answered. "I wish I knew zodiacs," he said. "You mean constellation-"

"Shhh," he said with a chuckle and ran a hand through my hair. I laughed too. Without much warning, he pulled me close and kissed me. "I love you," He said, then laid back.

"I'm thinking I should take a break from YouTube," he said. "Not quit, not yet, but I think I need a bit of time," He said.

I didn't know what to say to that. It's not fair of me to tell him what he should do... this is a good time to tell him you have an offer from Juilliard.

I was thinking, I opened my mouth to say something, but then something in me stopped. I don't want to tell Colby. Not yet.

"You know more about YouTube and your fans than I do," I said. "I'm more worried about what Sam would think. If I'm taking a break from YouTube, I'm taking a break from everything. Instagram, Twitter, all of it. Everyone, maybe. Except you of course. God knows I can't spend much time away from you before I start to miss you," He said with a chuckle.

"You might need it. It must suck having to worry about views and all that," I said. "Maybe I'll go back to the school. I'm just thinking... this YouTube gig isn't going to hold out forever. Maybe I can take a break and start taking classes again, that way I can support us when we're married. That way if you're between jobs I can take care of us..." he said. It sounded like he had been thinking about this for a long time.

Colby Brock is growing up. Really growing up. And it sounded like a lot of it was because of me.

I know he loves me, and I love him. But I know he loves YouTube and his fans as well. And I can't let him walk away from that for good until he's really ready. I stood up and held out my hand. "Let's go make a video," I said. "Not about you leaving. Let's... let's go find Sam and you and him should recreate your old vines," I said as he took my hand and I helped him up.

"You know... that's a good idea," he said with a smirk. "You're a natural born YouTuber," He said. "I did work on Elena's channel with her from the beginning. She started it when we were living in a dorm together," I chuckled. "Well I'm glad she did. God knows I watched all her videos with you in it when I really got a crush on you."

I started to lead him down the beach again. "Let's hurry before it gets too late for him to want to do a video." I say with a chuckle. My hand still in his put they were coming apart as I pulled forward more and he hung back.

I let go as I sipped my shoes off and started to run, just for the hell of it. The sand feels nice on my toes and the wind makes me feel like I'm flying. The beach is glorious. I feel so free.

When I glanced behind me, I saw he wasn't running after me. He just walked, laughing behind me.

Do I stop or keep going?

Stay.

And in a few seconds, Colby was right by my side, kissing my lips softly and warmly. My boyfriend. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer. "I love you," He said, and took my hand again. Then started to lead me down the beach.

And I was too afraid to run again.