~47~

I'm meeting Elton on Sunday :)))))) (hopefully, I'll show pictures if I do) AND I KNOW THIS IS SHORT. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER CHAPTER LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING. I wanted to give you guys something.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and walked inside, shutting the door and taking a deep breath. It was already pretty late, nearing ten o'clock, and I was surprised Elena was still awake as she came to greet me.

"So... How was the prank?" She asked as she crossed her arms, standing in front of me. "Fine?" I asked as I sit my bag down.

"What were you really doing at the beach? Why didn't you tell me the truth?" She asked a She handed me her phone, showing me a picture of Kat she had posted.

Fuck.

"Are you dating Colby?" She asked, "or does he like you or something?"

I wasn't sure what to say or how to say it, so I just said the first thing that came to mind. "Yeah, we're dating," I said. I know that's what Colby wants, so he wouldn't mind if I told her that, right?

She crossed her arms and sighed. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asks, "we're best friends, we're supposed to tell each other when we're dating a super hot boy!" She said and smiled as she hugged me. That caught me off guard.

"I would be totally lying if I said I didn't ship it," she said as she smiled and pulled away from the hug. "You have to tell me all about it!"

And so I did. This is my best friend, so why should I be afraid of telling her about something I'm so excited about? And she seemed to get excited about it too.

I know she'll never hurt me. She wouldn't, she understands my bad luck with guys, but I really like this one. So maybe she won't go after this guy even though she wants him, because I'm her best friend. Her sister. Her family.