~39~

"Let's get lunch?" Colby asked as he led me to his car. I just nodded.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he turn towards me as we stood outside his car. "Nothing?"

He leaned against the car with me. "Rose," he sang, nudging me with his elbow, "Did something good happen?"

I smiled and got into my bag, taking out my new piece. "Look! I got the solo!" I said as I showed him the music.

He smiled, confused. "What... does it mean?" he said as he laughed softly. I smiled and looked at it as he handed it back to me. "It means, that I get to perform this in a month in front of a bunch of college scouts! If they like me, I might get an offer for transfer," I said as I looked at the cover of the score.

He smiled at me. "Wow, really? That's great, Rose!" He said as he put his arm around me and pulled me in, hugging me. I laughed as I loosely hugged him back.

"Yeah, I'm so excited," I said as I pulled away and put the music back in my bag. "Skip your next class," he said to me, smiling. I looked at him confused. Skip my history class? I kind of need that degree in case piano falls through....

He could see me thinking. He grabbed my both my hands. "Please, Rose?" he pleaded. "Let's go to lunch, then we can go to Cavenaugh! Celebrate," he smiled as he intertwined our fingers and pulled me a bit closer.

"I don't know..."

"Rose..." he whined. I sighed. "Fine, I'll email my professor..." I said as I looked down. He smiled. "Thank you," He said as he led me around to the other side of the car and opened the door for me then went to the driver's seat. I sighed and took out my phone, starting to compose an email to Professor Richmond.

He smiled at me. "Thanks, Rose!" He said unnaturally excited as he started the engine and started to pull out. "Where are we going to eat?" I asked as I continued to type a email about me getting sick in the middle of the day.

"How about that diner I took you to when we picked you up from the police station?"

That place was so good. Their Cesar salad was so good, so was their sweet tea and hamburgers, their French fries too.

"Yeah, that sounds awesome!" I smile as I finish the email, and without proof reading I just press send. Professor Richmond likes me anyway, I bet I could get away with skipping just on that.

"You know.. I'm leaving on tour in two weeks," Colby said after a few seconds of pause. I looked over at him. I knew he was going on tour, who didn't?

"I know, why?" I asked as I put my phone back in my bag.

"When's your concert?" He asked as we got to a red light and he stopped, looking over at me. "Like... in a month. The fifteenth, I think."

He laid his head back against the head rest and groaned. "Of course it'd be when I'm gone," he said as he rubbed his face and the light turned green.

"What's the big deal?" I ask as I look over at him. I was used to no one coming to the concerts because of me. Elena came once with Hayden, but that was right when our friendship was beginning.

"I want to see you play. For real, on a stage. Not in an echoey room... I want to see you up there," he said as he started to drive. I sat back, not sure of what to say. I hadn't even started piano, well, getting into it, until Mom died. My father never cared.

"Oh... well... maybe one day," I said. It still didn't bother me much. He shook his head. "Nope. I'll find a way."

"Well I don't want you to miss your tour," I said, "all the fangirls would be so upset..."

"I'll figure out a way to go to that too."

We ate at that perfect little diner, him laughing and telling me about how excited he was about the tour, and all the things the fans would give him that he couldn't wait to open.

"You have to do it on camera. At least a few of them," I said as I leaned on my elbows and took a sip of tea.

"Of course I will! Maybe I can do it in a stream. Could you help me?" He asked, still giddy.

I felt my heart sink, which hasn't happened with Colby in a while. I immediately knew what would come of me being in a stream with him, I know because I read the comments on the video Colby and I did when we put makeup on Corey way back when.

They already think I'm his girlfriend, Well, some of them at least. It's a good thing they only know my first name, and I don't have an Instagram.

He sighed, looking in my eyes. "The fangirls, eh?" He asked as he leaned on his elbows. "Yeah..."

"I'll handle them," he smiled at me before standing up. "Let's go, I'm ready to get to Cavenaugh," he said, holding out his hand. I took it, gently, letting him intertwine our fingers and bring me to his car and opening the door for me.

We drove out to the beach where we started to walk just as we had the last time we were here, and he smiled at me as we passed a few venders. "Pick one," he said as he stopped at a flower stand. He smirked as he picked up a rose and looked towards me. I laughed a bit. "Really?"

"Really."

He bought the flower and handed it to me. "Roses match your personality really well," he smiled at me as the mansion came in sight.

"I would figure. They were my mother's favorite," I said, smiling as I thought of her and looking at the rose. "I could tell," he said as he smiled. "What happened to her? Is she coming to your concert? I'd love to meet her," he said as be began to walk up the hill to the mansion.

I paused.

He looked back at me. "Hey, Rose? What's wrong?"

He can read my mind. I could tell by his face. "Oh, Rose, I'm so sorry, I didn't-"

"Don't worry about it," I said and walked up to the mansion.

He followed me nervously. "Rose," he said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder as he came towards me. "Sorry about this," he said, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer.

And he kissed me.

And I let him.