~41~

"Stay the night again," Colby whined as we walked back to his car. "No, I need to go home," I say, laughing softly. He squeezed my hand tightly. "Please?" He begged.

I shook my head. "No. And I'm sure Elena wants to do something tonight," I said, laughing a bit. "But I only have a month until I go on tour!" He whined. I just laughed again, "I know, and I'll see you tomorrow, probably."

"You will," he pouted as he crossed his arms. "Is our date-date tomorrow?" I teased as I stepped up on the edge of a flower bed and balanced, and he helped me by giving me his hand.

"No. I haven't had time to plan it. It's got to be good if it's the first date-date," he said as he smiled softly. I rolled my eyes at that and jumped off the end of the flower bed once I got there.

"What are you planning?"

"Something big, but it's a secret. I'll tell you more once I'm sure it's happening," he said as he smiled.

You never know with Colby Brock.

He opened the car door for me. "So I'm taking you home?" He asked as he went around to the driver's side. I shut my door and said, "Yes."

He leaned his head back against the head rest and sighed. "Fine," he groaned.

I laughed a bit and as I did, his hand slid onto mine. "I have this privilege, right?" He said as he looked over at me then back at the door as he went drive. I laughed at that and nodded, "Of course."

I was happy. Very happy, but it felt like nothing was different. The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that he had feelings for me... but now it was clear. He acted on them. It was real.

Or, at least, I hope it is.

He drove me home, and I smiled at him as I opened the door. "Rose," he said, not letting go of my hand. I looked back at him. "Yeah?" I asked. He placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in, kissing me for a few seconds before letting go. I smiled softly as he pulled away. "Bye," he said and smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Bye," I said and got out of the car, taking my bag with me.

I started up to the apartment and he didn't pull out yet. I glanced back and waved as I went inside and he finally left.

I wonder if he knew that I knew his hands were bruised. I wonder what tomorrow will be like in orchestra...

I stepped into the elevator, I was alone. I pressed the button and leaned back against the wall, and I felt the weight of the happiness and excitement that came from Colby's kiss. I touched my lips with one finger and felt myself smile without even thinking about it. I could still feel his on mine, remember the taste....

The doors opened and I stepped out and went down the hallway, and questions immediately flowed through my mind. Oh no. What will I tell Elena? I'll tell her about the date with Kai. But I can't tell her that I spent the night with Kai because she'll think I slept with him. I don't think I could lie about that either, since she knew I was with Colby this morning...

The only thing I can do is deny the notion that Colby and I had kissed. No, that's something I want to keep to myself. My little secret.

I opened the door to my apartment and went inside. Elena was already home. I shut the door and sat my bag down as she came to me, hugging me tightly. "Rose! There you are. I missed you, I was worried about you! What happened?"

I could ask you the same thing.

I just walked past her and to the little bar we had by the kitchenette and sat down. "Kai is such an asshole," is all I said to start. She leaned on the counter across from me. "Oh no. What happened?" She asked, worriedly.

I sighed and rubbed my face. "He thought he was going to get lucky and he was a little forceful," I said, "can you get me a water bottle?" I asked. As she took one out and handed it to me, she asked, "Seriously? He is an asshole. And he looked like a fuck boy," she growled, rolling her eyes, "then what?"

I paused. "Colby had texted me earlier and asked if I'd help him with a prank, so I just called him. I accidentally crashed there," I say as I opened the water bottle and took a sip.

"Oh, I see," she said, I could tell by her face she didn't want me to ask about Hayden. But I had to.

"So... are you and Hayden back together?"

She shook her head. "No... I was drunk, and he showed up here drunk... one thing led to another and... it was a mistake, that's all," she said, turning away.

"I see," I said shortly as I took a sip of water and looked around our messy apartment. I'll clean this.

"I bet Colby was a good comfort over what happened. Did you tell him what happened?" She asked. I nodded, "Yeah I did. And yeah he was."

She went to the fridge and got out her own water. "I figured. Colby's such a good guy," she said as she smiled to herself.

I watched her curiously.

"You know..." she said as she leaned against the counter and took a sip of water, "I think I have feelings for him."

Of course she would.

But I know he wouldn't do that to me. And just as she said that, I gripped the rose he'd given me under the counter a little tighter.