~14~

4K already? Good job, guys. CAN YALL TELL HOW FAST I WROTE THIS???

We set up a creepyish back drop for the ouija board video and set it up.

"Sure you don't want to play?" I asked Elena. She shook her head, she was pale. Elton and Colby thought it was because she was scared, I'm sure, but I knew what happens when she lies.

She lied about her and Hayden. Why? I don't even know why. Is it because she has a thing for Elton? Well that's impossible, Elena may have no regard for her current relationship, or, last relationship, but she wouldn't go after someone else's. She's also not stupid enough to jeopardize her chance to send her channel forward.

Colby.

Colby is the reason she's doing all of this!

But why would she hurt Hayden?

Why do I care? It's not any of my business what she does. None of it would be my fault if I didn't know, right?

But I'd have to side with her if something happened. If she and Elton had a falling out. And I really like hanging around them. I really like hanging around them. Something about them is like nothing I've had before.

I've never had many friends. Acquaintances through most of high school, and now I had Elena just because she had an ad out for a roommate and I came along. We happened to have the same interests, and a friendship set off. I don't want to lose Elena, so wouldn't it be the obvious choice to choose her over Colby and Elton?

Why did I care so much?

I shook the thoughts away and turned back to the ouija board, where I now sat next to Colby, knee to knee, my leg over lapping his, and Elton across from us.

"This is going to be good," Elton grinned at me and Colby. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, but Colby laughed nervously. Elena sat behind the camera, checking the view finder.

On the count of three Elena pointed to Elton, giving him the signal to start talking because she'd pressed record. He smiled wide. "Hey, guys, I'm back with the wonderful Colby Brock and Rose Romano from ElenaExplores, bringing you another ouija board video," he said slowly but enthusiastically.

I waved to the camera as he said my name and Colby did the same. "Today we are in an abandoned asylum in Downey, California, and we'll have a full explanation of the history on Colby's exploration video."

He looked to us. "Ready to do this?" He smirked. I folded my lips into a line and nodded. I had to admit, this was a pretty creepy place to do a ouija board.

"Hell yeah, lets do it," Colby said, putting on a brave face. "Alright," Elton said as we all placed our hands on the planchet. I looked at Elton and he sat still for a second, letting tension rise, before saying, "Is anyone here with us?"

The planchet didn't move for a couple of seconds, then start to move towards "Yes". I felt chills run down my spine as I squirmed, moving both of my legs to one side, but I smiled despite of my nerves.

"So... are you a man or a woman?" Colby asked on his turn. The planchet moved to 'w' then stopped. "So a woman," Colby said, then they both looked at me.

I wasn't ready to have a question, and with all these eyes and a ouija board, I stuttered. "H-How did you die?"

The planchet didn't move. "So I guess she doesn't want to say..." Elton said as he thought about his next question. After a few seconds though, the planchet slowly started to move.

"M"

"U"

"R"

"D"

I took my hands off. "Elton is that you?" I asked nervously. He shook his head. "No! And you can't take your hands off remember?" He said frantically. I did as he said.

"E"

"R"

Murder. Figures.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Elena said, breaking the silence. "So do I," I said. There was another few beats of silence, then there was a loud crash off in the distance. We all jumped back and my heart started pounding.

"I'm done. Fuck this, lets go," Elena said, picking up the camera as I stood up and took my bag. "Hell yeah, we're leaving," Elton said, leaving the Ouija board where it stands, not even blowing out the candles, we just up and left.

Elena was booking it up ahead and I was right beside her. Elton was in the back, using the flashlight from his camera to light the dimly lit hallway.

My adrenaline was pumping so fast I could barely breathe, and when we finally got to the door Elena tried to open it. It didn't budge. Elton and Colby both tried it, but it didn't open. I knew we should have propped it open.

"The window." I said, "Maybe I can break the lock."

Colby nodded. "Good idea, lets go."

"What if there's someone out there?" Elena asked.

"I don't know, lets not think about that though," Elton said.

I led the way back to the window I had crawled in, and Colby gave me a boost back out. I slid out and fell onto the ground on the outside, which I didn't feel because my heart was beating so fast.

All of a sudden, though, I heard yelling. Lights shown so bright in my face I was blinded. I sighed and lifted my hands up.

"Police, hands up! Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law..."