~43~

I slept the rest of the night and didn't dream. I was very thankful. When I woke up, I looked around, and I heard talking in the next room.

I walked out of my room and looked around the corner. It was Colby, sitting on the couch next to Elena. When he saw me, he smiled and stood up.

"Hey, I thought I'd surprise you. Let's go get some coffee," he said. Elena watched curiously and maybe a bit confused. I sleepily nodded and turned to go change and he followed. "So... did something happen between you and Elena?" He asks curiously as he turned around as I took out clothes to change, knowing I'd ask him too.

"No?" I said as I lifted off my shirt to put on my new one. "She was kind of off today. Seemed upset."

I'm glad I don't know why.

"So it's Saturday...." he said. I rolled my eyes sarcastically. "Is our date-date tonight?" I ask, laughing a bit. "No. It's on Friday," he said, smirking.

"Then What are you thinking?" I asked as I slipped off my jeans.

"Katrina and Sam invited me to the beach... want to come?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets and looking around.

I thought for a second. The beach...? With Sam and Kat? I think I could make that work... not be so awkward...

I took too long to answer. "Rose..." Colby sang, walking over to my desk where the rose he gave me sat and he picked it up, "you could use a tan," he teased as he studied the flower.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh whatever," I said as I slipped my shorts on. "Come on, please? I won't ask you to do anything else for a long time, I promise," he said pleadingly. I sighed.

"Fine," I said as I sat on the bed. He came over and sat next to me. "You won't regret it. It'll be fun," he said as he put his arm around me.

If Elena knew... maybe she wouldn't act on her feelings.

Still. I knew I could never tell her.

"Rose," he said in a tone that got my attention, I turned to look at him. "You have nothing to be worried about," he said as he leaned in to kiss me. I let him, but didn't kiss back much.

He pulled away and smiled at me a bit. "Come on. Get your bathing suit on," he said, standing up and taking my hand, pulling me up. I sighed and went to my closet. "You're asking a lot of me," I said as I spun my finger in a circle for him to turn around. I changed again.

"I'm going to help Colby with a prank video," I said as we walked through the living room to the door. "Do you need any help?" Elena asked as she sat up. Colby shook his head. "No thanks, it's important that we have Rose do it," he said and smiled, "See you, Elena."

We walked out. "So... have you told her?" He asked. I was a little distracted. "Told her what?" I managed. He pressed the elevator button and put his hands in his pockets. "That you and I are... whatever we are," he said.

I just shook my head. "No. She'd flip," I said. I can't tell Colby that Elena has feelings for him either...

I can already see what bad things would come of this.

Thee doors opened and we stepped in. He slid his hand into my mind. "You look beautiful today. Everyday," he said, looking down at me. I rolled my eyes sarcastically but smiled. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"I hope you don't mind, but I kind of told Sam everything," he said quietly, almost ashamed. I looked towards him. "Sam's your best friend, I figured you would tell him..."

"Well I don't think you told Elena," he said. I paused. "Elena gets weird about that kind of stuff. She wanted me to get with Kai so bad," I laugh softly. "Ugh, don't even say his name. It disgusts me," he said, laughing softly.

It disgusts me too.