~54~

Summer Band starts this Wednesday. I'm going to try and stay on schedule but no promises! I've written this story during the school year so I'm sure I can do it again.

I said goodbye to Katrina and went back down stairs to my car. I opened my phone and went to Colby's contact in my phone and pressed call.

Please answer, please answer, please answer... I thought as I listened to the phone ring four times. Colby...

I sighed when his voice mail began to play. "Colby.." I whined out loud as I laid my head back on the seat and rubbing my face. I wanted him to talk me out of these dark, dark thoughts. He always could.

I've never told him about my father. Something tells me he knows my mother is dead, because of that time we were at Cavanaugh and he kissed me. He apologized for kissing me too.

Does he need to know? I don't know. If this is just a fling, like all of Colby's other "relationships", then I don't want to tell him about my father. I don't want anyone just walking around with that information.

I want to give Colby the benefit of the doubt, that he isn't going to treat me like a fling. I mean, he bought tickets to the California Symphony for me, box tickets. They aren't cheap, he wouldn't just spend that kind of money on a fling, right?

You probably are just a fling.

He beat someone up because of me, Kai's black eye is still there.

That doesn't mean anything. Just wait until a pretty girl comes along and takes Colby away.

Colby is the first man who's cared about me in a long time.

He just might be a nice guy. You're lying to him. Pretending you grew up in the perfect house with the perfect parents. Your mother killed herself because of you, Rose. Because of what you said.

I didn't have anything to say back to that.

Exactly. And just think. Once Rose gets him wrapped around her pretty little finger, it'll all come crashing down.

That won't happen. That won't. Colby wouldn't do that to me, I'm not just a fling, he cares about me and I care about him. He said it himself, I'm his girl, if someone makes me cry, he'll make them pay. He wouldn't do that to me.

Just then, I got lucky. My phone started to ring, and when I looked down at it, it was Colby calling me.

"Hey, beautiful. You alright?" He asked. He was probably concerned at the fact I had called him in the "middle" of the day. If we talk on the phone it's usually well into the night.

I could hear noise in the background, he was still at the show for his tour. I sighed. "Yeah, I'm alright. Are you still at the show?"

"Yeah, But we'll be finishing up soon. But if you need me I'm here," he said, talking loudly over the noise.

"Go finish your show, we can talk later," I said as I stopped at a red light. "Okay... But is something wrong? With us?"

"No, I just called you on accident. Go do your tour," I said cheerfully enough he would think it's alright to end the call.

"Okay, beautiful. One more stop then I'm back in LA, okay?" He asked.

"Yep, I can't wait," I said, and that part was genuine. I'd become accustomed to seeing Colby a lot, and though I don't want to admit it I like the physical aspect of our relationship. Even just the childish stuff, holding his hand and hugs.

I pulled up to my apartment complex and got out, stretching a bit. First order of business, spend sometime with my best friend.

I walked upstairs to our apartment and unlocked the door. "Elena?" I called as I shut the door behind me. She came out of her room, her earbuds in. "Yeah?" She asked a She pulled one out to listen to me.

"Let's go find something to explore," I said with a smile on my face. She couldn't help but smile back. "Hell. Yes. Let me Change and get my camera," she said as she turned and went back to her room.

I went to my own room and started to change as well, then sat on my bed to look for some abandoned places.

I also texted Colby. Elena and I are going to do some exploring, don't call me.

I didn't wait for response, just went straight to google.

"Elena, do you want to be basic or a trend setter?" I called from my room as I laid on my bed. "Basic, duh!"

Makes sense.

"Let's go to Murphy's Ranch!"

Just as I said that, she opened the door to my room. "Yes! That would make for a great video, especially at night!"

I laughed, "Yeah it would. Are you ready? We can leave soon," I said. She nodded towards my chair in front of my vanity. "Let me braid your hair," she said. She was always good at hair, I was good at makeup. Yin and yang, we're partners in crime.

I love her, she's my sister. The closest thing to a family I have.

Murphy's Ranch, the World War II Nazi camp. Surely there will be some spooky happenings we can experience and catch on tape.