~49~

So I've been go, go, go lately. Now I'm spending the week with my family on a road trip to Missouri, which is a 10 hour car ride... I thought I could use this time to write a few chapters, but yesterday I spent the first 6 hours sleeping and watching Sword Art Online. Anyway, here it is. Sorry there's so many author's notes lately! Btw, I'm in Arkansas now but I'm in Missouri when you're reading this.

And since we know this story will end eventually, within 100 chapters probably, I could write another fan fiction about someone else. Sorry this was long!

"If I had my way, you would be spending the night with me," Colby said. "Well why can't I?" I asked as I looked over at him from the passenger's seat of his rental car.

"I have to go to the airport with Sam really early in the morning. I'm sorry, Rose," he said, like I would be upset about that. I shrugged it off. "It's not a big deal," I said as I took his hand.

The California Symphony was nothing short of amazing. The music was so exciting and sad at the same time, they even did a few covers of songs like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra- Well, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is in a league of its own. But you get what I'm saying.

Of course my favorite was the classical music. They did the Surprise symphony, even the orchestral version of Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, a Camille Saint-Saëns piece. I've accompanied a violinist on that song once, back in high school. Then they did Danse Macabre, another Camille Saint-Saëns piece, and when the flute had the solo at the beginning, I almost cried. And I could tell Colby was proud of himself for bringing me here.

We pulled up to my apartment and he got out to take me inside. "Can I Come inside or am I still forbidden because Elena's home?" He asked as he took my hand and started towards the door. I looked around for her car, and it was there. But I already told her Colby and I were something, so it shouldn't be such a big deal if he walks me upstairs and comes inside for a few minutes.

"I told her we were kind of together, so it doesn't matter if you come in for a little while. She could be wasted, she went out tonight," I say as I pressed the elevator call button. He looked at me, smiling. He didn't say anything, just stared.

"What is it?" I asked as we went up the floors to mine, and the doors opened. He just shrugged and walked out of the elevator, pulling me along. "Just wondering how I got lucky enough to be with the most gorgeous girl in the world," he said as he winked at me and stopped in front of our door.

"And because I figure you wouldn't want to kiss me in front of Elena, I'll do it here," he said as he smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, kissing me gently but more passionately than he has. He pulled away and pulled me into a hug. "Just in case I don't get to kiss you or touch you until I get to come home. Or rather, until I get to come see your concert," he said with a smirk as he pulled away.

"I'll call you every chance I get," he said with one last squeeze of my hand as he started to walk towards the elevator. I felt myself get a little sad. Of course I knew I'd miss him, and I know he'd miss me, but that offered little comfort. I waved to him then went inside my apartment, where Elena was sitting on the sofa looking back at me.

"Oh, hey? How'd your date go?" I asked as I set my bag down on the counter, "who'd you go with?"

She rubbed her eye and stood up. "Not fun. I just wanted to get home. He just wanted to fuck," she said as she sat at the counter.

"Were you out with Colby?" She asked. I offered a shy smile and nodded a little. She sighed again, "I would've rather you been home. We need to have girls night like we used to," she said as she patted the seat next to her and I sat down. "Yeah we do," I say and smile at her. "Let's start now. Want to rewatch Riverdale?" She asked excitedly. "Let me go change," I said and smiled. I was glad she wanted things to be like they used to before we met the roommates.