~132~

I woke up to a roaring headache, and I groggily felt around and found my phone, I lifted it up, looking at the time.

Saturday, March 23, 2019. 8:47am.

I snickered to myself.

What a good way to kick off my roaring twenties.

Once my senses started to come to me, I realized that the light that shone through the window came from a different direction than the one at my apartment. And the sheets were white, not grey. And they didn't smell like me, they smell... like Logan.

And I'm naked.

I sat up, suddenly, looking around. It made my head rush, and I searched around for any signs of life in the apartment I've been to only a few times.

I didn't expect to be waking up in Logan's bed. My memories were starting to come back as well. One kissed turned into another, then another, and we ended up back at his apartment. Oh, God.

Logan was no where to be found, though. I reached down and found my bag, and I took out the t shirt I bought last night. I found my underwear as well, and I slipped it on over my legs, then the shirt.

"Logan?" I called. The t shirt was too big, and it stopped at the middle of my thigh. Maybe it'll just be a sleeping shirt. I quietly stalked out towards the hall way. The bathroom door was open, and I could hear sink faucet water running. I quietly looked around the corner and saw Logan washing his face.

He looked up when he heard me, and he smiled. This was a sweet kind of smile, not flirtatious or snarky like the other smiles I see from him. "Good morning," he said. He spared a quick look up and down at me. I suddenly felt very self conscious of my body. "What happened last night?" I asked.

Logan opened the cabinet behind the mirror and took out a bottle of something, and he walked around me to go to the kitchen. "Isn't it obvious?" He asked. I stared at the shirtless man, surprised. "We really..."

"We did," he affirmed, before grabbing a water bottle and handing it to me, along with two pills from the bottle. "Aspirin. For your headache," he said. He continued to move about, while I was still frozen.

I'd only ever slept with one guy: Colby. On a few occasions. Even drunk, I didn't expect myself to give it up that easily.

Though, even though I can't remember many details, I know I had fun. That I liked it. A lot.

"Thanks," I said quietly. Logan moves swiftly, changing clothes as I stayed in the kitchen. His apartment was still small enough that he called to me and said, "How was your first time drinking?"

"It's not feeling so good now," I said with an awkward chuckle. How do I look at him now, now that I know what every inch of him looks like, now that he's bridged a river only one guy, one guy that I loved, had before?

This is why I promised myself I would never sleep with someone just for fun. That was a rule for sober me, drunk me knows no bounds, I guess. My rules for my body pertain only to me, if other girls want to do other things, that's fine. This is just my preference.

He came back in the room with a guitar case and a backpack on. "I hate to be all rushed around you like this, but... I've got some lessons in Manhattan. I didn't want to wake you up..."

I shook my head a little, swallowing the last pill. "It's fine," I said, placing the glass of water on the counter and wrapping my arms around myself, looking away. He came towards me this time, and he placed his hands on my arms, squeezing them gently. "Hey," He said. "This won't ruin things between us, right?" he asked. I looked up at him for a few seconds, just staring.

"I don't know," I said. "Will it?"

He thought for a second, his eyes darting away from me and his eyebrows creasing. "Not in a bad way, I don't think," he said, then he looked down at me and smirked. There it is, that's familiar.

"Why's that?" I asked. He stood back and smiled, then twisted in a way so his back popped and he put his hands back in his pockets. "'Cuz I'm taking you out tonight. On a real date. A date-date," He said. My heart stung, and I said, "Don't call it that."

He raised his eyebrows. He must've known what I meant. "I might not be able to afford New York Philharmonic tickets like he could," he said quietly, taking a step closer to me. He reached down and took my hand. "But I can show you how much I care about you. Okay?" He asked.

I just nodded, and he took a step back. "Now. Want me to walk you home on my way there?" He asked. I turned towards the hallway to go find my clothes from the previous night. "If it's not too far out of the way," I said. "I made sure to give myself enough time to do so," he answered from down the hall, giving me enough privacy to change.

Once I was dressed again and I found everything that was mine, Logan walked to greet me. He smiled as he reached me, even though I wasn't sure what to do. His hand landed on the small of my back and pulled me to him, and he kissed me. It was still a foreign gesture, and I didn't expect it. He didn't kiss like Colby, and I couldn't pinpoint why. Either way, I like it. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and I let him hold it longer. Until it got longer, and longer, and I had to pull away.

"We better get going," I told him, my eyes darting between both of his. He smiled as he leaned down, and he kissed me again, but only for a few seconds. "Come on," he said, and he reached down and took my hand, leading me towards the door.

I watched him as we meandered through the streets of Washington Heights. When I tried to find a subway, Logan stopped me, still tugging me down the street. "Let's really take a walk, Rose. We never really get to spend "quiet" time together," he said, pulling me back towards him. My shoulder collided with his, and he smiled at me. "Come on," he said, and he looked around the streets. When we stopped in front of my door, he smiled, kissed me one more time. As soon as Logan left, Alan's door opened. He peeked around the corner as Logan walked down the stairs, and then he looked at me.

"Not your boyfriend, huh? I'm coming over."