~96~

The next two chapters may vary well be the most important ones out of the entire XPLR story. Stay tuned. Posting may vary.

Go to my instagram: _deodee_ . Polls are now up.

Wait for it, wait for it...

I am the one thing in life I can control.

Katrina stopped singing, and looked back at me. "You got that part?" She asked, giving me a smile. We sat in the living room of the mansion, me in front of the piano.

"I got the whole song down, Katrina," I said with a chuckle. Colby and Sam were gone for a video, and I was the one who suggested we do this.

It's December 7. I have to send Gerald Brown an email accepting or declining his offer to Juilliard by tomorrow. I am inimitable.

I have a concert tomorrow as well. Where Colby will be meeting Logan. And Colby doesn't like Logan, in fact, he may hate him. It's because he's jealous. He's insecure. Because not only is Logan good looking, he's smart, and kind, and Colby knows Logan and I have more in common than me and Colby ever did.

Mr. Ling told us to have a break today. To let the music sit under our fingers, something along those lines. But Logan insisted we practice together one last time later tonight.

I'm sad our pit orchestra will be over...

"Then you want to try a full run?" She asked with a chuckle as she sat down on the bench next to me. "Sure," I said, giving her a quick smile. After an internal count off, I began to play the opening notes. Simple enough.

I was surprised when she picked a Hamilton song, but that didn't stop me from being excited. I love that musical, my high school orchestra director did. He showed me it when we did a concert for the choir.

Similar to Phantom of the Opera.

"Theodosia writes me a letter everyday," Katrina sang. I grinned at her as my hands moved gracefully over the keys, and through out the song I grew in passion with her, following her. As a good accompanist does.

I'm always following someone.

I shook those thoughts away and went back to my music, going into my cool head space. Katrina hit the best notes of the entire song with perfect pitch and clarity. A vocal queen, empress of beauty and grace with vocal chords like silk.

"I'm willing to wait for it," she sang, "Wait for it."

She smiled wide at me as she finished the note, and I pressed the last chord down and smiled back. "You're waiting for something too, just like Burr," she said suddenly.

I gave her a confused look. "I... I guess," I said with a slight chuckle. "The mansion walls are thin. I heard Colby talking to Sam about you moving to New York," she said. "I don't think I was supposed to know."

I gave her a shy smile. "Yeah. I have to make my decision soon. Well, tomorrow actually," I said. "Colby's scared for it," she said. "He's torn. Mostly between you and Sam. I shouldn't be telling you this, but I thought you should know."

That wouldn't help my decision either. She looked over and gave me a sweet smile, taking her hair band out as she did. "But he wants you to go. Really bad."

This all sounds like a lie... he would've told me he wanted me to go if he truly did.

Either way, I smiled at her. Maybe she wanted to give me a push to go, but didn't want to get into me and Colby's business. Yeah, that sounds right.